• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Irma obs

cleetussnow

Florida peeps, post your obs here while you still have power.  Don't be a "er mah gawd cat 5 bombs away" fool and take unnecessary risks getting a pic or vid.

i live 100 feet off the north end of Bayshore Blvd and not sure what I'll find when I return.  Got out of dodge before sunrise Friday.

With family in Citrus County and expecting deteriorating conditions after noon, and hurricane gusts by midnight.  No sleep tonight.

Safe and secure and ready.  This is how you do prep for a storm like Irma:

IMG_2702.JPG

Getting the first healthy band of the day moving thru here in Citrus County.  Relatively high elevation for FLA, at 110', and tons of trees in the neighborhood and along the roads.  Ironically could end up stranded here and unable to get back to Tampa for a bit.  Some chance of catching the eye overhead after midnight.

IMG_2705.PNG

42 minutes ago, Clyde said:

Checking in from Chuluota (east of Orlando). Will report what I can while I have power. Nothing but light rain and breezes so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a pretty healthy band rotating in from the SE within the next hour or so. Stay safe.

This is the 8th hurricane I've been impacted by to some extent (Elena '85, Erin '95, Floyd '99, Charley, Frances, Jeanne '04, and Matthew '16). It's interesting how every storm has its own distinct personality.

So far Irma, in my location, has been a very wet storm, occasional gusts but nothing to TS strength yet, but mostly how dark it is - thick low clouds have been constant.

Curious how the evening progresses. I lost 8 trees on my property to Matthew. I got one pine leaning precariously across my driveway now.

To the Central Florida posters, be safe tonight. Things aren't done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived