• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stormtracker

Major Hurricane Irma- STORM MODE

1 minute ago, Memphis Weather said:

That's changed very quickly now

Yeah, visibility down to near 0 and video feed down in a hurry.

earth-track2.jpg

Closing in on Marco Island.  What looked like a possible turn earlier wobbled right back.  Those are my position guesses based on radar.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCBK said:

East Cape...Right off Del Prado. Should have more video soon.

Thanks, we're off of Del Prado up north where it curves to the east. My house is less than a year old, so I'm sure it will do fine, but I'm admittedly nervous since I can't see what is happening.

On topic, a friend in south east Naples said the eye wall passed them at 2pm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Earendil said:

Thanks, we're off of Del Prado up north where it curves to the east. My house is less than a year old, so I'm sure it will do fine, but I'm admittedly nervous since I can't see what is happening.

On topic, a friend in south east Naples said the eye wall passed them at 2pm.

I think he's mistaking the dry-air slot in Irma's NW side as the eye, which is a dangerously bad assumption to make. He needs to prepare for a lot worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Radar says otherwise.  Worst is yet to come.

Yeah, just looked at it and realized he was mistaken. He's in a dome house, so hopefully it holds up as well as it sounds like it will.

Marco Island is getting absolutely battered right now. Bright red returns and the most lightning I've seen all day inside the IEW. Also noticing some mesovortex features similar to Harvey's eye showing up on Super Res velocity.

10 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

Eastern eye wall has absolutely exploded in the last 15-20 minutes on KAMX.

Seems like about a quarter of the eye wall is on shore so they may call it north of Marco but south of Naples.  It is making a mess as it comes in.