Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Irma- STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Euro track on this was pretty bad.  Easily a 30-50 mile error.  Even the RGEM which was quite a bit further east too far west  

3km NAM had this track on 18z friday. I know it shifted since then, but it had the eye right over Bonita Springs. It looks like that is where it is going.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The question now is how much of a resistance there is to getting the eye fully onshore, given the track guidance and the frictional effects that were discussed the other day when it was near Cuba.

Not seeing signs of a NW jog yet, looks like it's committing to landfall.  Looks like it would end up east of Tampa.  Another question is much incremental weakening would we see with the inland track.

2 minutes ago, TPAwx said:

Not seeing signs of a NW job yet, looks like it's committing to landfall.  Looks like it would end up east of Tampa.  Another question is much incremental weakening would we see with the inland track.

This is why I was saying I did not believe it would go west of Tampa Bay /Clearwater area like the European had. I hope it even stays near or just east of the city of Tampa. But that is more questionable. 

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0331 PM     HURRICANE        2 ENE NAPLES            26.15N  81.77W
09/10/2017                   COLLIER            FL   MESONET

SUSTAINED NE 76MPH WITH GUST OF ENE 115MPH AT MESONET
            SITE NPLMP AT NAPLES MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AT 331PM

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is why I was saying I did not believe it would go west of Tampa Bay /Clearwater area like the European had. I hope it even stays near or just east of the city of Tampa. But that is more questionable. 

Everyone was saying the same thing on Friday night as she looked like she was going to plow into Cuba. I believe she wil track right along the coast...but I guess we will find out in 30 mins

1 minute ago, Crazy4Wx said:

Everyone was saying the same thing on Friday night as she looked like she was going to plow into Cuba. I believe she wil track right along the coast...but I guess we will find out in 30 mins

She probably will scrape the coast for a time, but having the Eastern eyewall go over Clearwater is way different than over Tampa. .

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived