Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Hurricane Irma- STORM MODE

stormtracker

1 minute ago, Floydbuster said:

I google earthed the Keys to see if maybe the eyewall could hit less populated regions, but sadly there are just so many mobile homes and businesses all over the place. It won't be pretty.

It looks like the eye will go right over key west.  Big Pine is just east and that will get the eyewall.  There are some more less inhabited stretches between Key West and Marathon.  Marathon is heavily populated.  It would take quite the wobble to put Marathon in the eyewall...so very happy as my sister has a brand new house there.  Is there a way to track surge into the Keys?  That is the big concern for areas towards Marathon, as the winds are manageable.  The webcam from marathon that I was watching is now offline.  The northern half of the eyewall though look really potent and Key West might be severely damag

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More lightning with the NE eyewall. She continues to strengthen on approach to the Lower Keys. There's going to be catastrophic damage within the entire Lower island. Big Pine is the second largest community in the Lower Keys and they will be slammed by the Eastern eyewall. Bahia Honda, Ohio Key will also be within the Eastern eyewall for the majority of the time this morning. The state park at Bahia Honda may have irreputable damage after this storm. Sad

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

More lightning with the NE eyewall. She continues to strengthen on approach to the Lower Keys. There's going to be catastrophic damage within the entire Lower island. Big Pine is the second largest community in the Lower Keys and they will be slammed by the Eastern eyewall. Bahia Honda, Ohio Key will also be within the Eastern eyewall for the majority of the time this morning. The state park at Bahia Honda may have irreputable damage after this storm. Sad

Bahia Honda is one of the most incredible beaches I've been to.  Have you found a working webcam down there?  It is good news that the eyewall will likely miss Marathon.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived