Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Jose

NortheastPAWx

On 9/18/2017 at 10:01 AM, donsutherland1 said:

I agree. I don't expect a large impact for the NYC area and nearby suburbs. Long Island's South Shore and especially Suffolk County continue to have the highest probability of seeing tropical storm conditions with 1"-3" rain. The 0z ECMWF has now come more in line with the other guidance in terms of impacts.

Don, this reminds me a great deal of Hermine from last year, complete with the nice cool breezes.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Almost calm one town east and a whole 2 miles closer to the storm. The tree proabably feel down and wouldn't have made the news under a non named circumstance 

There were maybe 30 mph gusts at the worst in Long Beach. Nowhere near enough to blow down a tree (we lost every weaker tree in Sandy/Irene, etc). 

11 hours ago, Paragon said:

Report of trees down in Bellmore, Long Island.  I can't see how though- the winds didn't really get that strong here and I'm within 30 min of Bellmore.

There are some very large branches and all sorts of debris down in my area and we're another 60-70 miles further away up here. After such a wet start to the year things got really rotten and it didn't take much wind to bring those pieces down.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

There are some very large branches and all sorts of debris down in my area and we're another 60-70 miles further away up here. After such a wet start to the year things got really rotten and it didn't take much wind to bring those pieces down.

If the storm is going to retrograde over the next couple of days I wonder if the wind gusts and/or rainfall will pick back up or is this storm already too weak to give us anything more than it already has?

24 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

When will this storm finally be out of here? It's like that big bite that keeps nagging you and won't stop itching.  All it's given me is high humidity, clouds, and some off and on drizzle

Everything will be gone when that big cold front gets here later next week.  Then it'll finally feel like fall.

It could be worse- Chicago is going to be in the mid 90s for a few days!

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I've had about 5 drops from this thing...very disappointing for sure.  Was hoping for some decent rain from it...but nadda.  Knew it was going to be a non event here...but I was thinking maybe 1/4 inch of rain might have been possible.

Driving through Mass and CT last night I saw moderate wind driven rain around Springfield, lighter rain a bit north of there on 91 and then light rain just west of Hartford and again near Danbury. It was pretty spotty though so I could definitely see you not getting any.

Yeah you had to get north of the I91/89 junction in White River Jct VT before the humidity levels started dropping appreciably. By the time we got to the NEK it was beautiful and coming home it picked back up around Brattleboro so it had sunk about 75 miles south over the course of the day.

4 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I'd take that! I'm a HHH lover

I like dry heat, so I pass on the other two :P Looks like we might get some this weekend, with temps forecast to be near 90 both days on a NW/W wind, which would mean it'll be a dry heat (downsloping.)

Nice clear starry night skies at night too- can't ask for better than that in early Fall!

This is common with recurving TCs- building heat into the east coast- this also happened in 1995.

They did it. It's finally over for Jose. You can tell they've just about had it over at NHC

WTNT42 KNHC 222034
TCDAT2

Post-Tropical Cyclone Jose Discussion Number  70
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL122017
500 PM AST Fri Sep 22 2017

After 70 advisories, enough is enough.  The tropical-storm-force
winds from Jose have finally subsided and moved out of the
southern New England.  Thus, the wind hazard to land has decreased,
and this will be the last advisory on Jose since it is already
post-tropical. A slow decay over cold water is forecast while the
low drifts southeastward to southward.  The cyclone should
degenerate into a trough within 3 days as forecast by the global