Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Jose

NortheastPAWx

2 hours ago, larrye said:

Speculation on how/why Jose managed to become a Cat 4 while right behind Irma? I would have thought that "traditionally", we would not expect a Tropical System right behind another to develop into another strong one due to upwelling?

The 27C layer extends down to absurd depths, pushing 300 feet in some locations.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, larrye said:

Speculation on how/why Jose managed to become a Cat 4 while right behind Irma? I would have thought that "traditionally", we would not expect a Tropical System right behind another to develop into another strong one due to upwelling?

Keep in mind, Irma and Jose used different paths to reach this point east of the northern islands.  Irma came from the ene while Jose came from the ese.  Until today, Jose has traversed untouched water.

20 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There needs to be something that can pull Jose towards the coast otherwise he'll easily go OTS after making the loop. 

That can't be properly forecast right now.

The H5 wavelengths are starting to get nutty as we get deeper into meteorological Fall. Our placement is precarious, especially New England. We will not need much to see a scrape or landfall. ULL over the Ohio Valley would get the job done or a simple cold front with the WAR building west.

35 minutes ago, Snowberd said:

Can someone here explain this for 9/18 timeframe. Or is this just clickbait - I know it's too early to even talk about but is this a possibility? Is the GFS only model showing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs , gefs , jma , euro

1 hour ago, Snowberd said:

Can someone here explain this for 9/18 timeframe. Or is this just clickbait - I know it's too early to even talk about but is this a possibility? Is the GFS only model showing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible in that it's physically possible, sure, but at 10 days out that graphic is basically weather fan-fiction. It's meaningless. 

Archived