ChicagoGuy
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lookout said:

National Weather Service warns against 'fake forecasts'

http://thehill.com/media/348873-national-weather-service-warns-against-fake-forecasts

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2074

Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both.

36 minutes ago, jburns said:

With this post, it makes 5 out of the 8 posts in this thread were made by mods(62.5%).  At least we now know who was responsible for all the banter in the main thread.  Damn mods.

A lot of people are gonna have to talk to people in real life about this storm, because they wont be discussing it here.

Probably good place for this.

Nearly every insurance adjuster trained in storm adjusting is in Texas or is heading to Texas. If there is another large Hurricane the insurance industry will have difficulty finding enough competent people and the quality of claims handling will deteriorate and people will have to wait longer for insurance monies. This is especially true in the specialized field of flood adjusting. The faster and more competently claims are handled effects the flow of insurance money to those trying to recover.

Again this is another lesson why everyone should have flood insurance.

Here's my statement for my mom on a barrier island near Palm Beach after showing her the latest models including some 880's

so yeah, I would be nervous.. strong chance it won't be that strong and will end up missing, but the worst case hit is as bad as it could possibly be at this point

Archived