Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PDIII said:

100% not a troll. If you would have put the model output from 5 days ago where we had the Doomsday scenario coming up the east coast of Florida next to the actual path and strength that's going on right now and ask any true weather Enthusiast which path they prefer... every single one of them would have chosen the doomsday scenario. 

I'll admit I'm conflicted. if i knew nobody was going to get hurt than yeah i would want the biggest storm possible, but since thats not the case, I'm happy it wasn't worse (still bad though) i empathize with what you are saying; everybody has a morbid curiosity in regards to disasters and see how things can go from bad to worse (you only have to look at the popularity of disaster movies to notice that), but we must also keep in mind that lives and property are at stake here. Another thread on this forum questioned whether it is moral to hope for the worst and i would say that is ok since you hoping and wishing isn't going to matter at all, but its still in very bad taste.

15 minutes ago, frostbite_falls said:

Question--mods have directed chaser posts to the relevant thread, but I don't see that thread.  Maybe there just aren't any posts about chasers (outside of those in the main thread)?  Or am I missing something?

Just miss the blue shed I guess.

Should go here. All media type talk

Every major hurricane landfall has the not that bad and dodged a bullet posts while the event is still unfolding. Then after the event people learn that some unfortunate communities got devestated.

Dramatic surge will be the sobering story over night as the backside of Irma focuses sea level rebound and onshore flow into harbors and inlets. A lot of expensive real estate will be submerged over several miles inland in places. Though the onshore flow will weaken slowly through Monday as Irma lifts NNW, it will persist for another 48 hrs making the surge slow to recede.

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

Good god, just stop acting like children in general. The mods can't possibly deal with all the crap posts, so try to act a bit like adults.

Also, is 40/70 benchmark like this in the NE threads...he is unbearable to read. Just like the folks that keep saying "bombs away."

Ray is good and an asset to this board.  He's shown remarkable restraint in not giving what he's receiving from the clueless peeps trolling him.

Have a nice day 

1 hour ago, NicInNC said:

Msnbc said the water is getting sucked away from the shore the way it did in the Bahamas (I think it was the Bahamas). Can anyone verify this?

Saw a video just a few minutes ago from Tampa - all the water had been sucked out of what looked like Tampa Bay, it was amazing! I recall this happening in Buxton NC when Gloria passed over Cape Hatteras.

11 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Ray is good and an asset to this board.  He's shown remarkable restraint in not giving what he's receiving from the clueless peeps trolling him.

Have a nice day 

IMO, all he has been doing is thumping his chest, and saying "I don't think it will strengthen."

Ok, but why would you guys delete my polite, one-sentence request that people provide links when referencing this or that tracker/cam/feed but then leave the useless/linkless posts like this intact? 

Edit: oh, it's fine, don't need links since they're just live-blogging it now. :/

Archived