Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JC-CT said:
2 minutes ago, H2O said:
Sure they weren't 

Protect the hive

yeah the mods are all being high and mighty saying that the storm thread is for serious meteorological discussion only, but then they start posting abou their views and experiences. lmao just as hypocritical as the mods on reddit lol. banter over.

Just now, catdaddyfalcon15 said:

yeah the mods are all being high and mighty saying that the storm thread is for serious meteorological discussion only, but then they start posting abou their views and experiences. lmao just as hypocritical as the mods on reddit lol. banter over.

feel free to send a report. 

14 minutes ago, catdaddyfalcon15 said:

Don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out  ;) 

I'm putting this in here. But I really want to put it in the main thread. This seems like it's going to be a pretty big bust.  I was really hoping for a Category 5 hit in the Miami metropolitan area. But then when the model started to go I was hoping that we would see a category 5 hit in Tampa...

Now we are left with a boring Everglades hit and a weakening storm. So anticlimactic...

We were so close to something special. 

4 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I'm putting this in here. But I really want to put it in the main thread. This seems like it's going to be a pretty big bust.  I was really hoping for a Category 5 hit in the Miami metropolitan area. But then when the model started to go I was hoping that we would see a category 5 hit in Tampa...

Now we are left with a boring Everglades hit and a weakening storm. So anticlimactic...

You shouldn't be allowed to breed, pathetic POS.

2 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I'll let my SO's parents in Punta Gorda, who are currently sheltering in a high school, know.  I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, Rugun said:

You shouldn't be allowed to breed, pathetic POS.

my only concern is that since this storm wasn't as bad as expected, people will start ignoring the next one. the same thing happened while i lived in nj during irene and sandy. irene wasnt that bad at the coast (inland was whole different story) so people didnt take sandy that seriously (at least at first) irene was way more memorable for me personally than sandy which was basically a long windy night. power was out for 8 days though :/

15 minutes ago, PDIII said:

tell that to the caribbean who got annihilated by irma. it was freaking special to them. don't worry your cat 5 landfalling hurricane will come someday, maybe even this year at the rate this season is going

19 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I'll give you a C just because you got a few to take the bait.

I'd ask anyone one else to put in the efforts that this group of moderators has done over the last few weeks.  None of us have the time to site here 24/7 and babysit threads when we've asked on numerous occasions to stay on topic and not banter and to post in the proper threads yet people can't even follow those simple requests.  We all work full time jobs and don't get paid to to this and to see Monday AM QBs come in here and say we aren't doing our jobs just shows how ignorant they are to the efforts being put in.

Not sure if Mountain Patch or DCAlexandria is the worst poster on the board right now. Both are er mah gawd bombs away cat 5 incoming types, without any factual basis and totally unhinged from reality and NHC guidance. At least Patch can pound out 4 or 5 lines of text, whereas DCA seems to get fatigued after six or seven words.

6 minutes ago, TPAwx said:

Not sure if Mountain Patch or DCAlexandria is the worst poster on the board right now. Both are er mah gawd bombs away cat 5 incoming types, without any factual basis and totally unhinged from reality and NHC guidance. At least Patch can pound out 4 or 5 lines of text, whereas DCA seems to get fatigued after six or seven words.

DCA isn't the worst poster from the MA section believe it or not.

7 minutes ago, catdaddyfalcon15 said:

guy might be a troll, but trust me there were weather weenies just like him in the main thread just last night

100% not a troll. If you would have put the model output from 5 days ago where we had the Doomsday scenario coming up the east coast of Florida next to the actual path and strength that's going on right now and ask any true weather Enthusiast which path they prefer... every single one of them would have chosen the doomsday scenario. 

It is 2017... There really should not be any avoidable deaths with a cat 5 coming in to a major metropolitan area.  When people die in these sort of situations it is usually due to stupidity.  

If you want to chase or ride it out... You should probably rent a room in a hotel that is built to sustain cat 5 winds... Or go to a school or shelter or something.. Otherwise just leave.  

Property damage is part of the deall

Archived