Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Yeaaa.  You def took that the wrong way.  I'm not sure how you took it but he's white.  His name is "S**t Boy" on the political board. 

No. Just saying what up. We need some weather up here, I am sick of looking at Cuban government radar sites. Enough already. Time for some coastal crushers. 

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Surf in LI from Irma?  That's a new one

I don't get it... had this been a week earlier we would be talking about rip current deaths up and down the east coast. Always a big factor with "fish storms". Obviously not a fish storm but the swells are radiating out thousands of miles regardless 

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I don't get it... had this been a week earlier we would be talking about rip current deaths up and down the east coast. Always a big factor with "fish storms". Obviously not a fish storm but the swells are radiating out thousands of miles regardless 

Ummm no. That's like saying the breeze I had today was from Irma. 

UPDATE: At around 1 p.m. PST, Dave Gonzales, executive director of the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum in Key West, confirmed to CNN that he and nine other employees were staying through the fierce winds and rain expected with Hurricane Irma, saying the legendary author’s 1851 house, with its 18-inch-thick limestone walls is “the strongest fortress in all the Florida Keys.” Original story follows: 

Actress Mariel Hemingway thinks it’s noble that the 72-year-old general manager of her grandfather’s historic Key West home wants to stay and try to safeguard the property and its famous six-toed feline residents as Hurricane Irma comes barreling in.

This isn’t our first hurricane. We’re here to stay,” Gonzalez said.

In an interview with CNN Friday afternoon, he added that at 16 feet above sea level, the house is not in a flood zone. As for the cats, he said they are adept at surviving storms, and the home has never lost a cat to a hurricane.

“Cats know naturally when to go. As soon as the barometric pressure drops, they come in,” Gonzalez said. “They know before humans do when it’s time to get in.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/08/mariel-hemingway-to-manager-at-ernest-hemingway-home-take-the-cats-and-go/

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Virginia declared a state of emergency?

I could see a need for disaster relief in the mountains once this gets inland, there is going to be an exorbitant amount of flooding rains coming inland and it looks to eventually stall somewhere south of the OH Valley. 

5 hours ago, jacindc said:

When there's so many people saying "don't focus on the points, focus on the cone," I really wish the NHC would consider not using forecast points on their graphics outside of three days. Go ahead and build the cone out to five days, and normal people would of course look right at the center of the cone to assume that that's the likeliest path, but I truly think that those Day 4 and 5 points on a map can be counterproductive to the rest of the message.

(An example version attached)

mycone.jpg

Look!!  It's going to change to snow through GA, AL, TN, and KY!!!!!!

Archived