SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair warning. Banning the next person who complains about posts in the main thread...with a post in the main thread. 

Or if you'd like, instead of complaining about the lack of mods, you can venmo me $100, ill give my kids lunch $, and ill make them walk to school, just so i can stay here and delete more sh*t posts. 

35 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Fair warning. Banning the next person who complains about posts in the main thread...with a post in the main thread. 

Or if you'd like, instead of complaining about the lack of mods, you can venmo me $100, ill give my kids lunch $, and ill make them walk to school, just so i can stay here and delete more sh*t posts. 

I swear, if I see ERC mentioned again by a certain poster or telling us again and again that a SFLA landfall is coming I am going to scream lol.

I don't know what the heck I am talking about, so that is why I just shut up and ask a basic question or two.

40 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

You guys are doing a great job, and I am sure this is as annoying as hell to deal with.

Guys, I can't stop laughing almost out loud but def to myself about the poor guy from last night who was like hey, I read on another board that Jose and Irma could combine into one and become like a category 9 and then the effects would be way worse. What are your thoughts? LOLLLLL everyone had the same response basically like please don't ever go back to that forum again. Just thought I would share.

4 hours ago, No snow for you said:

Does anyone have a good sight for updated satellite images? My Friend is trying to find out if his house is still standing on Anguilla. Thanks

Put up a Google news alert for DigitalGlobe anguilla. Otherwise try youtube for aerial flybys or people driving around like this:

3 hours ago, nycwinter said:

i think of wilma being the perfect storms even though it was in the caribbean when it had the lowest pressure and a 2 to 4 mile wide eye so tiny....

Wilma shattered the pure intensity record, but Irma has to have done the same for sheer longevity as a perfectly to nearly-perfectly structured high-end 4 to 5 in the entire Atlantic Basin.

So I have a friend scheduled to leave out of Charleston on Saturday on the Carnival Ecstasy. Carnival just put out this update:

Carnival Ecstasy – September 9
We will depart Charleston on September 9 to operate a two port cruise to the Bahamas. We are hopeful that we will be able to offer a two Bahamian port itinerary (Freeport, Nassau or Half Moon Cay). Since we are unable to confirm the itinerary at this time, guests may elect to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. Guests wishing to sail will receive a 25% future cruise credit based on the fare paid for this cruise.

Is there even a remote possibility that this ship can sail out of there TO the Bahamas? I guess I'm just really surprised that they didn't cancel it.

Atlantic Hurricane names retired starting with the letter, "I"

before 2000

Ione, 1955

Inez, 1966

after 2000

---------

Iris, 2001

Isidore, 2002

Isabel, 2003

Ivan, 2004

Ike, 2008,

Igor, 2010

Irene, 2011

Ingrid, 2013

Maybe Isaac, 2012, should have been retired.

The "I" storm has been retired 8 times between 2000-2016, compared to two in the period of 1954-1999.

I'd expect Antigua & Barbuda could ask for it to be retired

Both Harvey and Irma are historical events from a meteorological and psychological standpoint. I am only familiar with one Category 4 or greater landfalling hurricane not being retired in the satellite era in the Atlantic. That was Emily. I still have no idea why it was not. Regardless, both Harvey and Irma are record-breaking systems. You won't ever see those names used again.

1 hour ago, NicInNC said:

So I have a friend scheduled to leave out of Charleston on Saturday on the Carnival Ecstasy. Carnival just put out this update:

Carnival Ecstasy – September 9
We will depart Charleston on September 9 to operate a two port cruise to the Bahamas. We are hopeful that we will be able to offer a two Bahamian port itinerary (Freeport, Nassau or Half Moon Cay). Since we are unable to confirm the itinerary at this time, guests may elect to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. Guests wishing to sail will receive a 25% future cruise credit based on the fare paid for this cruise.

Is there even a remote possibility that this ship can sail out of there TO the Bahamas? I guess I'm just really surprised that they didn't cancel it.

No way. At least I'd hope they're not that stupid

16 minutes ago, otown said:

First time I've truly followed a hurricane and all it's models in my years of living in Florida. I really don't know how you all do it - the hype around all of this is so tiring it isn't even remotely funny. 

We are sick individuals - whether it's following this, snowstorms, and other stuff.  :D

Archived