joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

2 hours ago, bobbutts said:

Congrats Irma!  Highest Atlantic wind speed ever*

*not official yet

I have to say, with Irma temporarily weakening according to recon I will be irked if it does not tie Allen for the strongest sustained winds in the Atlantic. Of course it merely a number and the effects of Irma on land have just started. I can imagine seeing Irma on a graph reading max sustained winds 185 mph, 20 years from now...:rolleyes:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I'm a way better weatherman you'll ever be. All my forecasts are at least better than accuweather and weather.com!

Obviously, I mean it's not just anybody who can make their own weather model, let alone the most accurate model.  Very impressive.

Just now, bobbutts said:

Obviously, I mean it's not just anybody who can make their own weather model, let alone the most accurate model.  Very impressive.

We'll see how accurate it is than you can laugh. Looks can be deceiving. I combine all the info I can get. Obviously, I don't have millions of dollars for this but the passion is there. Have a good one reader!

Real talk, I spend a lot of time on travel forums too, and for the first time I'm seeing everyday folks* throwing out stuff about the "GFS" and the "Euro" while deciding whether to cancel their Disney vacations. Unfortunately a lot of bad info is getting out there (such as individual frames of what you guys call weenie runs).

I used to really love the internet.

(* am also an everyday folk but mostly I tell people to check the NHC.)

2 minutes ago, thess said:

Real talk, I spend a lot of time on travel forums too, and for the first time I'm seeing everyday folks* throwing out stuff about the "GFS" and the "Euro" while deciding whether to cancel their Disney vacations. Unfortunately a lot of bad info is getting out there (such as individual frames of what you guys call weenie runs).

I used to really love the internet.

(* am also an everyday folk but mostly I tell people to check the NHC.)

Everything is out there, except a cure for stupid.

I feel ripped off with Charley's eye.. Got all the winds and barely a minute or two in the eye.  I opened the front door only to see the eyewall within a few hundred yards with large debris in it.  Immediately slammed the door and ran back to safe room.  I want to see the stadium effect.

getting a little nervous in my area, can anyone give me any insight to my are 30809, I know its early but would like to be somewhat prepared, I have been following everything just not understanding it all. Even the NWS long term forecast is this: 

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...
Upper trough to quickly lift to the N/NE Friday, with surface
high to our north and a dry atmosphere over our FA through Sat,
with below normal temps. Winds will pick up a little by Saturday
afternoon as a stronger high moves into the Great Lakes and
increases the pressure gradient across the area between it and
Hurricane Irma.

Next feature of significant concern will be track and status of
Hurricane Irma. Latest official forecast from NHC has Irma tracking
to the NW towards the Florida Straits and South Florida by
Saturday/Sunday. Model guidance remains consistent in turning the
cyclone to the north after that with possible significant impacts to
this region early next week. All interests are urged to monitor the
latest information and forecasts regarding this storm, and prepare
accordingly.

All hail king euro, he has risen to deliver the peons from the depths, to the kingdom of glory, praise him and never defy him.....please. its like everyone has just forgotten that the euro showed a lot of other solutions too. Look at the weekend runs. But by all means plan for what the euro showed yesterday only, see where that gets you. 

Archived