Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we'll get some more good Periscope videos out of this storm, it's been weeks since I watched a lunatic scream "OH MY GOSH THE CAR WORSH" while trying to kill himself live on the internet.

This reminds me, I was trying to describe that whole thing to my fiancé and I can't freaking do the "cor worsh" accent correctly. I tried to find a clip of it for him but I was searching through a ~2.5 hr video. Does anyone have a link to a shorter version or supercut or something? 

(I was here live for almost the whole thing. "Something terrible just happened, let me get out of the car ..." #neverforget)

5 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

wasn't sure if this was where to put this but as a follower to the vastly more intelligent people posting on here than me I have a question. What are the tornado threats with Irma, I haven't heard it mentioned by anyone but aren't there usually ones associated with Hurricanes, especially strong ones.

To the right of the eye after landfall.  Usually, quick spin ups that do not last very long.

48 minutes ago, thess said:

This reminds me, I was trying to describe that whole thing to my fiancé and I can't freaking do the "cor worsh" accent correctly. I tried to find a clip of it for him but I was searching through a ~2.5 hr video. Does anyone have a link to a shorter version or supercut or something? 

(I was here live for almost the whole thing. "Something terrible just happened, let me get out of the car ..." #neverforget)

here's a small part of it, probably the best part: 

27 minutes ago, geddyweather said:

This model back-and-forth is turning my hair grey. Watching for friends on the east coast, particularly in the Carolinas. 

same

my family is in SW FL, I have a homeless brother that is mentally ill so my brothers & sisters down there can't risk having him evacuate with them (and their small kids). I keep going back & forth on if I buy a ticket and get down there to take him to a shelter or hotel with me.... or wait a day or 2 to make sure it's even going to affect that area. 

<sigh>

5 minutes ago, mfgmfg said:

For anyone wanting to read up on this:

https://www.wunderground.com/resources/education/hugo1.asp

"Three minutes from the eyewall, now, still time to order a climb to 5,000 feet. I check my wind readings. Winds are well below hurricane force--a mere 60 mph. This is remarkably low, so close to the eyewall. Hugo may not even be a category three storm! I make my final decision not to order a climb to 5,000 feet. We're going in at 1,500! I look out my window at the approaching eyewall, a tall dark wall of forbidding thunderstorm clouds. "Foolish mistake!" I imagine the threatening voice of Hurricane Hugo saying to me."

Archived