Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Go Kart Mozart

Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Been saying later in the second week and beyond for awhile now. ZZZZZZZ until then. 

Just is still so far away. That's 20+ days. I just hope whenever it gets here, it was worth the wait. Patience is not a virtue of mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Just is still so far away. That's 20+ days. I just hope whenever it gets here, it was worth the wait. Patience is not a virtue of mine. 

Then move to Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could definitely get something prior....nobody should rule that out. But in terms of something more stable...we may have to wait until the second week. The way I approach it, anything prior is gravy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You could definitely get something prior....nobody should rule that out. But in terms of something more stable...we may have to wait until the second week. The way I approach it, anything prior is gravy. 

Was it super warm? I am looking at GEFS and they looks slightly AN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Was it super warm? I am looking at GEFS and they looks slightly AN

Not super torch, but mild. Esp 6-10 day. Again, this has been modeled for awhile now. Still pretty cold in Canada, so let it build and fester where it should. What we do not want is a massive trough from AK down to the PAC NW. Fortunately, we do not have that. In fact, the opposite as we head later into the 11-15 day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was one ugly Euro run last night. Long, long ways to go before any semblance of winter sometime in December

A few chances for some upslope fun over the next 10 days on the Euro.  That should satisfy most of the forum's need, lol.  JSpin, myself and Alex all talking to each other until mid December it seems.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A few chances for some upslope fun over the next 10 days on the Euro.  That should satisfy most of the forum's need, lol.  JSpin, myself and Alex all talking to each other until mid December it seems.  

I know Ray is one person eagerly awaiting that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. Kevin always thinks by thanksgiving we should be in deep winter. Can't wishcast your way past climo. Pattern looks decent after 12/6ish...who knows, we might get a smaller event before that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. Kevin always thinks by thanksgiving we should be in deep winter. Can't wishcast your way past climo. Pattern looks decent after 12/6ish...who knows, we might get a smaller event before that. 

This!

 

Deep winter...it just doesn't happen around here by T. Giving most years. And sometimes(last couple years being most recent) most of December can be elusive with regard to real winter weather too.   Hopefully this year is different, as the pattern looks to be decent in the 11-15.  I'd love a good 3/4-1/2 of December to be wintry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

lol especially when it's snowing at Bosemoose Camp or whatever that place was Dryslot posted the web cam from.

Bosebuck, Christ get it right.........:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly looks like a catastrophe in the making. In fact it just seems normally mild (as in about 10F AN on the "worst" days and much closer to N on most). If it hasn't changed a month from now..... but that's not what it looks like according to the consensus of the mets on board. Great T day, too, chilly but bright. Hard to be a Debbie Downer here on the Tolland Worcester massif (whoever came up with that one was brilliant). Forecast: mild, then colder, dry then wet (maybe snowy). Sounds like New England to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

ICan you explain this?  I've been looking at this.....I"m not sure what the heck it's supposed to be showing me.

 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving,  coldest 90 day stretch relative to Met Winter, basically says Dec 5th through 10th through March 5th through 10th in our coldest depending on location,  we mid month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leo2000 said:

it doesn't look good unless that EPO goes negative. We really need the Pacific help here. 

EPO looks good in LR. Again, after about the 5th-6th the pattern looks solid to me. We will see if it changes but I'm pretty optimistic...even if it's delayed some. It would be nice to flip the pattern so that we run with it through New Years instead of the typical grinch pattern that develops on the tail end of a favorable regime that we see all too often. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPO looks good in LR. Again, after about the 5th-6th the pattern looks solid to me. We will see if it changes but I'm pretty optimistic...even if it's delayed some. It would be nice to flip the pattern so that we run with it through New Years instead of the typical grinch pattern that develops on the tail end of a favorable regime that we see all too often. 

How does the PNA, NAO and AO look too?. Even, though they don't do much for my neck of the woods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

A few chances for some upslope fun over the next 10 days on the Euro.  That should satisfy most of the forum's need, lol.  JSpin, myself and Alex all talking to each other until mid December it seems.  

:lol: Nice. Happy T-Day to my upslope buddies, and everyone else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×