joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Wait is it bad? It looks like seasonal into early Dec

Good work!  That’s correct but I think Nick and Tip are mentioning this in the context that we may play with fire and if we have boundaries north of us it can be warm.  But if we’re north we can get decent snow.

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Good work!  That’s correct but I think Nick and Tip are mentioning this in the context that we may play with fire and if we have boundaries north of us it can be warm.  But if we’re north we can get decent snow.

I mean I'd think the EPS would get colder across the northern tier than modeled, because of the decent AK ridging, but it has a general smattering of above normal heights across much of the conus. 

1 hour ago, LurkerBoy said:

Wait is it bad? It looks like seasonal into early Dec

Not necessarily - no.   Could it be?  sure ...

Not to waffle, but having a ridge in the SE isn't a death sentence...  I wouldn't count on big organized and deep cyclones...but the storm types get more "overrunning" in character.  Though they tend less intense, they also tend to strung out events that can last longer that when you have a wound up slug of precipitation and wind associated with a 12 hour coastal blitz. 

For the general reader: you know...I've not seen a definitive correlation on the following, but it certainly seems intuitive that ice storms might be correlated better with Nina vestige patterns?   I dunno though.

Anyway, have to also keep in mind that we're just talking tendencies.  

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The 18z GFS shows snowstorm impacting Chatham, MA on the 27th of NOV.  This looks like a coastal low inverted trough brushes the eastern SNE region before heading into the Maritimes, a lot of time for this to morph either way.  However, this is promising.

Not gonna happen.

Archived