SnowHabit
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Sorry I meant changes, not chances.

Anyways, that is a massive cold dump into the Plains. We would be on the warm side, but wow. That is one of the biggest changes I've seen in a while. Doesn't mean it has to be correct, but it's not in fairytale land being a week out or so.

Yeah... meh. Seems like quite the outlier for now. 

I wouldn't mind a turkey day roaster though. 

One advantage to watching these runs is it relays nicely how uncertain the medium to long term is right now. We're not seeing a whole lot of consistency int he handling of the high latitudes right now. I know it's already been hashed out several times...Chris up at GYX showed how bad the models perform when the PAC looks like that...but it probably can't be overstated for those who are looking for some type of expectation or confident forecast for T-day weekend and beyond...the short answer is "who knows"...it's more uncertainty than usual in the D8-14 range.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

One advantage to watching these runs is it relays nicely how uncertain the medium to long term is right now. We're not seeing a whole lot of consistency int he handling of the high latitudes right now. I know it's already been hashed out several times...Chris up at GYX showed how bad the models perform when the PAC looks like that...but it probably can't be overstated for those who are looking for some type of expectation or confident forecast for T-day weekend and beyond...the short answer is "who knows"...it's more uncertainty than usual in the D8-14 range.

Check out how it starts. That s/w amplifies coming south of AK past hr 120 and keeps going SSW. That boosts ridging north, and off she goes. Right or wrong, always amazing to see how changes that seem so innocent just get the ball rolling.

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ORH is very uncertain, that should make Wolfie happy. 

I do like the wpo/epo there at the end but gfs op runs past 12hr are trash. I guess we wait. 

LOL...doesn't make me happy...just Drives my POINT home big time...but you didn't want to hear it....

Make the call Berg,  Big event incoming for Turkey day..

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol, again thats NOT the point. 

For me it is!!  You can feel the way you want and make a call(I think that's fine), I was uncertain cuz of the waffling of the modeling...and that's still the way I feel.  

So I don't have any idea what you're trying to say other than you are making a call or feel a certain way, and I'm not sure about the longer range.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

QPF as snow on the Euro

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017111512_48_2827_323.png

Those are pretty optimistic maps based on the verbatim temps of the Euro...it has a real hard time getting 925mb to 0C. I'd be skeptical in lower elevations probably until the event starts. I'd want to see amazing UVVs.

Archived