Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He got 24” in Feb 13, not bad in today’s KU climate. I think his city’s largest snowfall is over 30” iirc too.

But yea, in general, he gets shadowed a lot. 

blizzard 1888 3 feet "according to KU book but feb 13 really was a shade under 2 foot...I got a little DIT with the measuring with that one originally

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the negativity? I just said I’m psyched. I like seasons in seasons, and i like seeing potential. Just because some of us aren’t as erudite (or cynical) doesn’t mean we need to be shut down. I will go back to lurking if that’s the theme! I just enjoy the end of the never ending torch. It feels like autumn of yore. 

Also, i live in NYC, but my family/heart is in the Western Catskills. I’m thinking they cash in for Turkey day. 

1 minute ago, LurkerBoy said:

Why the negativity? I just said I’m psyched. I like seasons in seasons, and i like seeing potential. Just because some of us aren’t as erudite (or cynical) doesn’t mean we need to be shut down. I will go back to lurking if that’s the theme! I just enjoy the end of the never ending torch. It feels like autumn of yore. 

Also, i live in NYC, but my family/heart is in the Western Catskills. I’m thinking they cash in for Turkey day. 

Get excited if you like storms. But I cannot tell you how many times people whine and complain if they don't get much from a favorable pattern. It's completely unnecessary, especially when you are talking about an unfavorable climo time like November. 

22 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

You are not allowed to ween out until the storm is occuring. The usual caveats apply that starts with: but it’s D10, it’s D5, it’s D3, it’s the nam, it’s the weenie snow map algorythym, h5 doesnt look good, it’s not happening james....

5 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

If you like seasons in seasons, the normal high in NYC is still 55, so yesterday was your seasonable weather. There is a reason NYC has less than a 20% chance of a while Christmas let alone a white Thanksgiving 

I've experienced 2' in Spfld back in the early 2000s.   25.5 is my max in Ellington in 2011 and 23.5 here in Enfield in 2013. Nothing to sneeze at but 30+ would be cool. As for the upcoming pattern, cautious optimism. Perhaps some flakes in the air or some flurries ,maybe we coat it up for the first time.  Significant snowfall unlikely but not impossible.  Cold rain is more likely than siggy snow but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It snows many many years in November in SNE. Especially the last 10 days of the month. It’s not unfavorable especially given the setup this year. I do think coastal folks are more apprehensive. Nothing is a lock, but if there’s a year for a snowy last 10 days of Nov.. the progged setup is it

Late Nov is still a ways out. Right now it doesn't look warm for late month but that could still change. We prob aren't seeing any accumulating snow over the next ten days though. A few flakes wouldn't surprise me on late Sunday night or early Monday morning though. 

If we get to the final 8-10 days of November with good cold in place then yeah, I'd agree we could def see a snow event. The climo does pick up quickly...esp for interior. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

More like Kevin's it seems. I like how the snow weenies "like" Kevin's posts. :lol:

Its the use of the four letter word that potentially this pattern could bring, Going to have to thread the needle early on with some luck for coastal dwellers and southern areas, Realistically, I can see the foothills and mountains as well as Northern areas of NNE cashing,  Seen a few cars here covered with snow this morning coming in from the foothill region.

Clown range NAM has some accumulating snow for interior E MA it looks like on Monday. Tries to pop that low a little as it exits stage right. Wouldn't put too much into it right now but who knows...NAM did kind of sniff out those first flakes the other night before other guidance did. Most other guidance is currently too weak to give much on Monday outside of a few stray flakes. 

Archived