Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

4 minutes ago, Powderboy413 said:

Nothing new. 12z GEFS continue to advertise high latitude blocking after the 16th or so. West based -NAO does look real nice though and I’ll take it as a great sign for the upcoming winter

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Every time i hear blocking and it being associated with 2010 i have this vomit taste in my mouth.

60 inches by Feb 1 for me that winter

Then it was over after Feb 1.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Exactly.  Was just going to point that out.  Snow88 is thinking of 2011.  And it was 2010 that everything clobbered NYC and SOUTH!!!

There was a big event in feb 10 that even nyc was too far north. I was living in CNJ and was literally on the dividing line between 6” and 20”. Just 5 miles made a huge difference in that one. Amped -nao ftl.

Seeing NAO blocking materialize in November after a record warm October is about as a good an indicator for winter as you will see.

I'd like to see snowman21 wave his terd-wand and rearrange that into a warm signal.

Assuming it materializes, which is not a given, but the signal seems to be gaining a measure of stability among the multi guidance consencus.

This is why I like to release in mid Novie...mother nature really starts to tip her hand.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Seeing NAO blocking materialize in November after a record warm October is about as a good an indicator for winter as you will see.

I'd like to see snowman21 wave his terd-wand and rearrange that into a warm signal.

Assuming it materializes, which is not a given, but the signal seems to be gaining a measure of stability among the multi guidance consencus.

This is why I like to release in mid Novie...mother nature really starts to tip her hand.

Will you reveal yours....and tell us you’re going big?

220px-La_Nature_se_d%C3%A9voilant_a_la_S

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There was a big event in feb 10 that even nyc was too far north. I was living in CNJ and was literally on the dividing line between 6” and 20”. Just 5 miles made a huge difference in that one. Amped -nao ftl.

I had 40 inches in February 2010

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Was great. We had 3' on the ground, then a massive warmup/RN event literally destroyed the pack overnight. We recovered, but I hate when that happens. A bit like the last 3 winters.

We always seem to get a torch period in the good winters, Would be good if we can retain a little more this year but i'm not sold on that yet.

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think that was that first event of that so called "Snowmageddon" period, that first one was more of a real Mid Atlantic deal just fringing NYC if I remember correctly.  The Rest of those beasts just buried the entire Mid Atlantic and NYC.   Us here in SNE felt like we were at the North Pole we were so far north for all of those....that is the perfect example of "Too Much of a Good Thing."   Too much -NAO/Confluence can spell disaster for New England.

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think that was that first event of that so called "Snowmageddon" period, that first one was more of a real Mid Atlantic deal just fringing NYC if I remember correctly.  The Rest of those beasts just buried the entire Mid Atlantic and NYC.   Us here in SNE felt like we were at the North Pole we were so far north for all of those....that is the perfect example of "Too Much of a Good Thing."   Too much -NAO/Confluence can spell disaster for New England.

We were driving the cirrus bus that winter up here, 55.80" and was basically over after 01/20 that year, A true ratter.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can virtually guarantee the 2010 blocking will not appear this year. Hell even the magnitude after mid month is in question. That doesn't mean a lone storm can slide south...but Jesus...get help with the PTSD from that year. :lol: 

You know any therapist that is trained in weather related psych disorders? "Doc, I've been having this recurring dream of a Scooter s&*tstreak pushing my MECS out sea. It's all cirrus...nothing but cirrus. Please help!" 

Archived