Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk about scorcher, but it looks mild, wet, and dewy. 

Yeah maybe wrong terminology but relative to normal it's like a summer day up in the 90s (obviously variance increases heading into the cold season so not a great comparison).  

Too cloudy with chances of passing showers with the FROPA probably doesn't let many enjoy the warm day. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah maybe wrong terminology but relative to normal it's like a summer day up in the 90s (obviously variance increases heading into the cold season so not a great comparison).  

Too cloudy with chances of passing showers with the FROPA probably doesn't let many enjoy the warm day. 

I get to "enjoy" winterizing TMWN3, MEDN3, LKPN3, NASN3, and DDWN3.

Cold snaps and rain gauges without antifreeze don't mix.

13 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

0z GFS looks like the Canadian from earlier today, brings the cold shot in Thursday night and has single digit lows/highs in the teens for the mountains on Friday. Burrrrr.

You’re not kidding!  Friday highs in Boston struggling to get above freezing on tonight’s run.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Now THAT is blocking on the 6z gfs. Snow88 rejoice. Lets see how long it lasts in LR before it gets chopped up again. 

Has some support from gefs though. I’d still like to see it inside D10. We’ve seen Bigfoot playing the guitar more often than a -NAO sighting.  

Maybe rushed, but we'll see it by the end of the year IMHO.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS has it too. Curious to see if this persists on models. Seems to be from strong low pressure creating some wave breaking up there. Hopefully it remains.

Yep, first time I've seen any semblance of a -NAO on the EPS during the cold season in a long time. But obviously we want to get this inside of 10 days. That's a really amped WPO ridge too in the D9-11 period...should be a good reload of Siberian cold into Canada, so that if we actually do get a -NAO, it can help hold that in for a bit.

I also wouldn't completely sleep on the 11/13 threat either...it's a long shot, but it's plausible. Some of that will depend on how intense the cold shot is for 11/11.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, first time I've seen any semblance of a -NAO on the EPS during the cold season in a long time. But obviously we want to get this inside of 10 days. That's a really amped WPO ridge too in the D9-11 period...should be a good reload of Siberian cold into Canada, so that if we actually do get a -NAO, it can help hold that in for a bit.

I also wouldn't completely sleep on the 11/13 threat either...it's a long shot, but it's plausible. Some of that will depend on how intense the cold shot is for 11/11.

Of course we havent seen it for so long that with the steriod WPO ridge it will become a surpressed cold and dry. Congrats Virginia Beach. Just kidding....obv, I’ll take that look anytime. 

Archived