Dano62
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

This looks more powerful than your normal noreaster

Yes it does....but for his area, it's a poor wind spot in New England, so he's typically not going to benefit from any extra wind setup...it's the difference between gusty and a little more gusty rather than anything damaging. I prob wouldn't get excited on my hill either until it was closer...I've seen these look awesome at D4-5 before only to turn to something more mundane outside of the immediate coastlines.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes it does....but for his area, it's a poor wind spot in New England, so he's typically not going to benefit from any extra wind setup...it's the difference between gusty and a little more gusty rather than anything damaging. I prob wouldn't get excited on my hill either until it was closer...I've seen these look awesome at D4-5 before only to turn to something more mundane outside of the immediate coastlines.

It is the same in WCT. Winds underwhelm often out here. 

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Your hill?

1 minute ago, LoveSN+ said:

Never knew people to get so excited about potentially damaging wind gusts. Guess that's what you get when you've been under a ridge for the past month and a half.

Kevin’s favorite wx after snow is winds that have the capacity to damage, maim, and kill.

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Kevin’s favorite wx after snow is winds that have the capacity to damage, maim, and kill.

The hype train for this last high wind bust started 5 days prior and included some Mets tweeting out. The antihype train started early on this one, usually means look out.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro is damaging 

aypGRUQ.png

Downslope dandy on the west slopes of the Taconics/Berk's/Greens.

Those areas would stand to have just as high of winds as anyone as they can usually easily mix to ridge level on the east flow downslope.

A DDH to RUT damaging windstorm seems to happen a few times a year these days.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Downslope dandy on the west slopes of the Taconics/Berk's/Greens.

Those areas would stand to have just as high of winds as anyone as they can usually easily mix to ridge level on the east flow downslope.

A DDH to RUT damaging windstorm seems to happen a few times a year these days.

I dont know what it is but we just dont get the high winds down here at the far southern edge of the litchfield hills. Euro wont verify. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh I thought I recalled it being like 400 feet or sonething 

Yes...but relative height is way more important in trying to get winds. You should know that. That's why blue hill does way better than Savoy MA for wind gusts. 

Archived