Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Likely it’s an even stronger soueaster screamer than tomorrow’s. We may have to widespread damaging screamers within a weeks time. I believe 95-96 had that in November 

The southeast gale of 11/12/95 flattened over 2,000 cords of timber on the state's Holeb tract, west of Jackman.  I'd rather not see a repeat.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty big -EPO on the Euro ensembles today...a lot more robust than the 00z run for early November. If that ends up being the trend, then we'd prob see some colder weather with it. At the very least, an early start for S Canada and N plains/lakes.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty big -EPO on the Euro ensembles today...a lot more robust than the 00z run for early November. If that ends up being the trend, then we'd prob see some colder weather with it. At the very least, an early start for S Canada and N plains/lakes.

Yeah all eyes on the Pacific. The IMBY weenies may take time getting their cold...but need to look at the broad picture. I like it.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah all eyes on the Pacific. The IMBY weenies may take time getting their cold...but need to look at the broad picture. I like it.

Yeah pretty classic gradient pattern is shown there...if that's how the atmosphere wants to behave as we get closer to the winter solstice, we shouldn't complain. That type of Pacific would likely be quite good for us with another 3-4 weeks of climo baked in. If we can avoid the November Cyclops, then I'm going to feel pretty good going into December.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro and gfs lol. I dunno, but both models showing quite a storm.

Yea I just looked at the euro; really impressive. 

With all the rain leading up to it and during this has the makings of a significant event...Still time for big changes but recent trends are certainly concerning...

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Scoots says it’s a mini cane right up CTRV

Perhaps. But the strength of the windfield will be highly asymmetric once it gets up here. All the big winds will be on the eastern half of the circulation.

Current guidance points to east end of LI, RI, and SE MA, as getting the significant wind impacts.

Archived