Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I keep wondering how long it'll take for the interior to have highs in the 50s again after early September.

MVL max temps for Sept 1 was 57F and Sept 3 was 53F...I wonder if we can go a full month before seeing that again?  This month still blows my mind with how backwards it was.  Coldest days to start the month and then it just gets warmer from there...despite climo heading in the opposite direction.

Today looked like the first seasonable day in 2 weeks...with upper 50s daytime, but it was 60s all night.

Cheap midnight highs last night...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OceanStWx said:

Cheap midnight highs last night...

Had 70 at my 9 PM obs time, and I doubt we got much past 65 this afternoon at home.

12z gfs has low 80s for the 2nd week of October.  Hope that's an exaggeration.  Also offering AUG 0.48" in 16 days, and inch-per-month rate.  (Actually an improvement over the 0.04" I've measured during the most recent 19 days.)

Just now, tamarack said:

Had 70 at my 9 PM obs time, and I doubt we got much past 65 this afternoon at home.

12z gfs has low 80s for the 2nd week of October.  Hope that's an exaggeration.  Also offering AUG 0.48" in 16 days, and inch-per-month rate.  (Actually an improvement over the 0.04" I've measured during the most recent 19 days.)

8B0 was in the low 60s at midnight and has been stuck around 55 all day today. That has to feel pretty crisp after flirting with the upper 80s for 4 days.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

8B0 was in the low 60s at midnight and has been stuck around 55 all day today. That has to feel pretty crisp after flirting with the upper 80s for 4 days.

Looks like it was 67/62 at the base of the ski resort at 12:01am...

While at 3pm it was 52/40...lol.  Despite daytime temps in the low 50s (after 4 days of 84-87F), today's high will be 67F.

Wish I was around to feel the whiplash haha.

Daytime highs at MVL past 6 days:

87F/89F/88F/86F followed by 59F/56F and colder tomorrow.

Friends dog sitting at our place had the heat on 36 hours after the AC.  Only in New England can you do that.  Woodstove within 36 hours of the air conditioner.

Summits with highs in the 30s only 48 hours after highs in the mid-70s.  Crazy.

wow ...that's such a 'little critter' on that satellite over the eastern Lakes. 

love that kind of tightly wound bundle of dynamics like that.  it almost looks like a hurricane remnant but it's ...obviously not... just sayn'

that's a fun little deal on Novie 15 right there.    tomorrow it's a tap on the shoulder that things are gonna be changing, but it's a nice homage - you don't get that between June 1 and now... you get that going forward -

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think we will both need to wait at least another week for any meaningful rain.   The soil around here is like powder,  rivers are real low. 

Sandy has dropped below 25th percentile.  However, it's still running about twice what it was this time last year (when it was breaking low-flow records.)

Archived