Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 minute ago, klw said:

A few years back I was watching the Weather Channel and Stephanie Abrams was on.  She said something like "And this is what we meterologists call Fropa. FROPA! FROPA!"  I never could figure out why she was screaming FROPA! but she was.  I have always hoped to find it on Youtube but never have.

Did she scream FROPA or FUPA?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, klw said:

A few years back I was watching the Weather Channel and Stephanie Abrams was on.  She said something like "And this is what we meterologists call Fropa. FROPA! FROPA!"  I never could figure out why she was screaming FROPA! but she was.  I have always hoped to find it on Youtube but never have.

I remember that. I cannot stand her.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is how it used to be in Nov growing up

:lol:

I think you're confusing the 2 back to back 11/11 snowstorms we had in the 80s with all the other Novembers that did not feature such cold and snow before the 10th.  You might also be confusing the end of November with the beginning of the month and then again perhaps you're hitting an overly alcoholic beverage early today?

Cheap high around 40 at 4 AM.  Front roared thru about 15 minutes later, house-creaking gusts, drumming on the roof (thought it was RA+, probably was the IP/graupel dusting that's still surviving in places), temp sliding thru mid 20s on its way to probable singles by tomorrow morning.  MWN was -4 with WCI -42 at last check.    Heard a tree go down shortly after reaching a year-old fir windthrow I sat on while waiting unsuccessfully for game.  That crackle-crash was a small fir becoming the 7th dropped across the 1500' of club trail on our woodlot in the past 2 weeks.  A friend found some black ice on Rt 4 north of Farmington and visited the ditch.  He escaped injury and his pic on FB suggests his Ranger did also.

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I have had  more consistent strong gusts today than I did during the big storm two weeks ago.  

There were some crazy sustaineds vs gusts with that storm. I've never seen a disparity like this at CON.

METAR KCON 300451Z AUTO 11014G42KT 2SM +RA BR BKN015 BKN021 OVC027 17/16 A2929 RMK AO2 PK WND 10044/0439 SLP917 P0029 T01720161 401720133

23 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Started the morning in the tree stand 46 no wind.  About 8am front came through.  Needed a seat belt.  Deer weren't moving today.

Going to head back out after lunch. See whats going on until dark.

Good luck, Heading back in the woods in the morning, We have harvested two mine and my dads the last week, Trying to help my oldest get his first one, Going to layer up, Still may be a bit breezy but its going to be cold.

3 minutes ago, alex said:

Snow has intensified again. Nice wintry day, feels like January. Will try to get a ski run in later but not sure I can last long; it's miserable out there. Temp/dp 17/8

17F at MVL ASOS at 12pm (I still can't believe we are going to be in the teens all daylight hours today, that's nuts).

Light snow falling. 

Winter arrived with a punch.  

5a05e0d086f99_FullSizeRender(2).jpg.6f18974661b2569f7185636c3e647767.jpg

Archived