Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Already down to 34F as of 8pm.

You're probably in one of those spots that will bounce up in temperature as the front approaches or even passes.  Radiational cooling ahead of the FROPA, almost like CAD that mixes out and it somehow gets warmer when the "cold front" passes.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice Alex. Your yard looks better white than with a river going through it. 

:lol: yes very much so. Someone the other day told me "hey could have been worse. Imagine if all that water had been snow." Nope, that does NOT sound worse at all! 

Snow intensity has picked up, I wonder if we can squeeze another inch.

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw a bunch of strikes in VT and even some in NH and Maine. Man Fropa.

Yeah, haha so many social media posts from folks about the wild weather last night.  Not often you get woken up in the early morning hours to wind, close claps of thunder and then snow on the ground the next morning.

That was a solid November fropa.

Roads are crap.  Its that sheen of ice and a coating of snow that comes from a flash freeze.  And its already into the teens so no amount of road salt is going to do anything.  Its frozen solid ruts up by the ski resort.  They had to plow up here.  I'd estimate 2" of paste that is now powder.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, haha so many social media posts from folks about the wild weather last night.  Not often you get woken up in the early morning hours to wind, close claps of thunder and then snow on the ground the next morning.

That was a solid November fropa.

Roads are crap.  Its that sheen of ice and a coating of snow that comes from a flash freeze.  And its already into the teens so no amount of road salt is going to do anything.  Its frozen solid ruts up by the ski resort.  They had to plow up here.  I'd estimate 2" of paste that is now powder.

Wx2fish said they are TSSN and outages up in Pittsburgh NH too. 

Full on winter up in your hood and the mtns of NNE.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I saw a bunch of strikes in VT and even some in NH and Maine. Man Fropa.

A few years back I was watching the Weather Channel and Stephanie Abrams was on.  She said something like "And this is what we meterologists call Fropa. FROPA! FROPA!"  I never could figure out why she was screaming FROPA! but she was.  I have always hoped to find it on Youtube but never have.

Archived