Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It’s seeems strange that there hasn’t been weather obs from the highest peak in the UK in over 110 years.  I wonder if they got the fancy Davis or went cheap with an off the shelf Accurite from Amazon lol  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41918646

Um in the article 

solar-and battery-powered Vaisala WXT536 station 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Who has those two charts with NAO Nino Nina values with snow totals for a bunch of cities 

I actually don't think there is as strong of a correlation between ENSO and snowfall as there was once thought.  Unless you have a super strong ENSO state, there are so many other variables which influence the winter pattern and I think the stratospheric-tropospheric connection is much stronger than some think.  Even then...predicting snowfall is a major crapshoot b/c, at least at our latitude we can have an overall crappy pattern but inbetween that crappy we can cash in.  

On 11/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, ORH_wxman said:

Nice graphics done by our friends at BOX....though being the sitckler that I am, I should point out that they only listed 11/7 snowfall for ORH in the graphic on the lower right...the event went past midnight and the storm total was 6.4"....5.2 on 11/7 and 1.4 on 11/8.

Wouldn't that be 6.6"?

Archived