Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It's like you just woke up and started drinking this morning. Arguing and grousing with everyone.

Everything ok?

everything is great, love the pattern change now go put up some numbers to back up your ratter claims. I leave the drunkeness to you and your crafty beers

Near 20 this morning, 2/10" ice on the 20-gallon tub under the eaves - probably time to dump it.  Morning P&C has 21 for the 'hood tomorrow, but my refugia for fake cold is usually at least 5F lower on clear calm nights, so I'll be mulching my to-be-overwintered carrots by flashlight this afternoon.  Singles Sat morning if the wind quits soon enough.

56 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Near 20 this morning, 2/10" ice on the 20-gallon tub under the eaves - probably time to dump it.  Morning P&C has 21 for the 'hood tomorrow, but my refugia for fake cold is usually at least 5F lower on clear calm nights, so I'll be mulching my to-be-overwintered carrots by flashlight this afternoon.  Singles Sat morning if the wind quits soon enough.

Going to be quite cold in the woods Saturday morning, I may do some heater hunting.

6 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

I'd say it's Arctic air mass actually.

But other mets on here can correct me if I'm wrong.

arctic_airmass.png

I was just discussing this with someone as well and they mentioned perhaps Polar.  I guess the main difference is that Arctic airmasses in general are much colder and the Polar air moderates much more quickly as it progresses towards the mid-latitudes.  By based on the trajectory Arctic would make sense.  

Archived