Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Hazey said:

CFB Greenwood, about an hours drive from me, hit 25c (77f) today. They also hit that mark on the 3rd. Unprecedented for November. Incredible fall here with regards to warmth. Waiting for the pendulum to swing the other way anytime now.

About equal to today's 78F in Atlanta, Georgia.   Washington DC hit 70F.  

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Happy 5th Anniversary Son of Sandy

sos.jpg

Nice graphics done by our friends at BOX....though being the sitckler that I am, I should point out that they only listed 11/7 snowfall for ORH in the graphic on the lower right...the event went past midnight and the storm total was 6.4"....5.2 on 11/7 and 1.4 on 11/8.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice graphics done by our friends at BOX....though being the sitckler that I am, I should point out that they only listed 11/7 snowfall for ORH in the graphic on the lower right...the event went past midnight and the storm total was 6.4"....5.2 on 11/7 and 1.4 on 11/8.

:weenie:

That was a good one, had about 8” here. I recall peeps worried it was another Oct 11 situation where winter would suck :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Sky has taken on that muted flat grey color that often precedes snow. Love love love that look. Can't wait for winter.

Noticed that too just now. With temps in the 40s, it actually feels semi-plausible when one steps outside and sees their breath with the backround of the slate gray overcast...it's still too warm technically, but it's no longer a distinct autumn feel...it's sort of blurring the lines between autumn and winter.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yeah, its coming.  36.6/28F getting that gray look.  Precip approaching me now.  Will it be virga or some snow.  Seems cold enough for frozen....

Lots of virga...nothing east of central NY/central PA is reaching the ground right now.

17 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Not sure coastal areas will see flakes today. HRRR is keeping us really warm this evening.

Not expecting any here with this s/w that stays well to the SE of here overnight, Better chance thurs night- fri am with some squalls from the CF moving off the coast, Still keeping an eye on 11/13 for another possible chance at Lt snow if the timing is right.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not expecting any here with this s/w that stays well to the SE of here overnight, Better chance thurs night- fri am with some squalls from the CF moving off the coast, Still keeping an eye on 11/13 for another possible chance at Lt snow if the timing is right.

I think we're on borderline here, but I'm trying to not raise my hope up for a flurry event. Agree with you we have better opportunities coming up!

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

1300-1500' stations in western Merrimack county are running 33-34/26-27. So they are pretty safe for snow. I'm 39/29 right now, but with those 0C Tw's barely overhead I think I could squeeze out some flakes if we can beat the virga.

Dry air is winning.   Down to 35.7F but just went up to the top of the hill and looked west.  Great vis.  Cardigan at 3120' is totally in the clear.  Doubt if any flakes make it down.  Virga looks like 4000 feet or even higher....

20171107_131013.jpg

29 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Dry air is winning.   Down to 35.7F but just went up to the top of the hill and looked west.  Great vis.  Cardigan at 3120' is totally in the clear.  Doubt if any flakes make it down.  Virga looks like 4000 feet or even higher....

20171107_131013.jpg

Eh...still more time.

Archived