Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mechanic Falls. This is my breakfast tomorrow. My town does do breakfast right.

Its that time again, The Moosup Masonic Lodge 113 is having their All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday morning November 5, 2017. Breakfast is from 8 to 11 AM. Featuring The always popular Southern Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Home Fries, (the occasional special items include Disco Fries, Ham/Irish Bangers/Sausage),  Made To Order Pancakes and French Toast, Regular Toast, Coffee, Tea, Orange or Cranberry Juices will be ready for you to enjoy. All this for just $8.00. If You bring a nonperishable food to donate to Plainfield Project PIN (People In Need), You'll receive a $1 discount on your Breakfast. 

Moosup Lodge 113 is located at 69 Prospect St Moosup, Ct. 06354

Head on over for a great breakfast

Thank you,

Its at 5 corners, I know where it is on 26, My masonic brethren know how to do breakfast right, We just did one for the Demoulay, $5 all you can eat, Run the gauntlet.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not here, Its not greasy dough, And there is many that can't or don't know how to do pizza, And papa johns and Pizza hut are NOT pizza,  Its more of a bread crust, And if i was portnoy, (One bite everyone knows the rules) I would give it an 8.2

One bite everyone knows the rules, as he stuffs the entire crust down his pie hole lol. That kills me every time, no idea why 

16 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Lots of people out looking for you this weekend...

23215733_10103219136631250_2376427345834

I passed on a doe yesterday. Landowner says no killing does until after the rut.  Friday my kids and I were fooling around with a grunt call and called a 10 pointer into my backyard. Scared the crap out of me.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:38 PM, scoob40 said:

Kind of like that summer night a few years ago when ORH didn't drop below 80 or has that been debunked ?

It was never debunked but that reading was like 8F warmer than mine which I had never seen before. I did find out that a section of the tarmac had been redone that year...so I have my suspicions. It didn't matter in the end because the low temp got counterfeited the next evening so it never made it into the F6 data. 

On 11/3/2017 at 10:00 PM, dendrite said:

Is there unofficial ORH data from before 1892? I know New Years 1876 was an epic torch. BOS had 70 and CON 72. 

Not that I am aware of. I've combed back through news paper archives and stuff to read about old storms but there is not a good unofficial database I know of. 

45 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Went to the SNE Weather Conference this past Saturday, and they announced a Blizzard of 78 40th Anniversary program on Saturday February 3rd (link below).  Tickets go on sale today!  Also great job by Ryan Hanrahan on the broadcast meteorologists' panel!

Blizzard of 78 40th Anniversary Program

Talk about tissue time.

Not that im enjoying these high dews from october spilling into November...but hell, I've got one more weekend of outdoor work and I really didn't want to die. I mean 50 degrees would have been perfectly acceptable. I feel like it's absurdly above normal or absurdly below normal. I'm probably going to have to dig out the winter boots and long underwear for work this weekend. Maybe even grab a stash of hand warmers.

So they are helicoptering the zip lines from a mile away at Fox Tower to the Base of the Museum tomorrow, cancelled today. I had to laugh at the chain of emails from the General contractor to the Helicopter company. The GC was quoting weather apps like wunderground saying today would be fine, the heli company came back with an aviation forecast and yea no. Lol I wanted to jump in but refrained from asking the GC, why the heck are you using Phone apps?

Archived