Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Goes back to what we were just saying in the model thread....early November is still sneaky warm...more than we tend to want to think mentally because we often associate November with Thanksgiving/holiday festivities kicking off/etc which is at the end of the month and the climo is much colder around that time....also we do even get some occasional snow events in the first half of November, so we sometimes really start getting ourselves into winter mode...but the mild spells are still pretty darn torchy.  I believe those middle 3 weeks of November have the fastest rate of climo drop here for temps.

Ha just saw that other post.  

Thats a good point.  It's still early in the month.  

We are still 50/31 at MVL.  I was thinking more like mid-40s and upper 20s but I'm probably 2 weeks ahead of myself.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha just saw that other post.  

Thats a good point.  It's still early in the month.  

We are still 50/31 at MVL.  I was thinking more like mid-40s and upper 20s but I'm probably 2 weeks ahead of myself.

To add to that...those 70F temp stats I was giving you at ORH for November....all of them except 2 occurred before November 15th, and all of them except 3 occurred before November 10th. So like 22 out of the 25 were before Nov 10th...that's how front loaded those 70F occurrences are.

On a side note, the most anomalous winter high temp I think for ORH has got to be the 70F reading on December 29, 1984. That's like a +37 or +38. I still have trouble wrapping my head around that one sometimes.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

To add to that...those 70F temp stats I was giving you at ORH for November....all of them except 2 occurred before November 15th, and all of them except 3 occurred before November 10th. So like 22 out of the 25 were before Nov 10th...that's how front loaded those 70F occurrences are.

On a side note, the most anomalous winter high temp I think for ORH has got to be the 70F reading on December 29, 1984. That's like a +37 or +38. I still have trouble wrapping my head around that one sometimes.

Just had to check but you guys only got to 65F on Xmas Eve 2015 (only, haha)... still can't believe the 69F at MVL that year.  

Everyone's December 2015 F-6 climo sheets are incredible.  Only 1.4" of snow at 1,000ft at ORH in the month of December.  That's nuts. Just like having 0" at the picnic tables on 12/25 in NNE.  That one still gets me. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just had to check but you guys only got to 65F on Xmas Eve 2015 (only, haha)... still can't believe the 69F at MVL that year.  

Everyone's December 2015 F-6 climo sheets are incredible.  Only 1.4" of snow at 1,000ft at ORH in the month of December.  That's nuts. Just like having 0" at the picnic tables on 12/25 in NNE.  That one still gets me. 

And that wasn't even our worst December for snow...2011 had 0.3", 1999 had a trace, and 1973 had 0.9".

But the low snow and obscene warmth that month was truly pretty awful for winter lovers. Made 1999 seem frigid.

We dropped from 64F to near 50F earlier this morning and then held all day long in the low 50s... finally starting to get a second push of cold air as the front started moving again and its now 46/33.  Actually felt like a more normal November day during the daylight hours despite the very warm overnight. 

The temps haven't dropped much since 11:30am but the dews lately have been the real change.  From the upper 40s to the low 30s in the past few hours.

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Is there unofficial ORH data from before 1892? I know New Years 1876 was an epic torch. BOS had 70 and CON 72. 

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of like that summer night a few years ago when ORH didn't drop below 80 or has that been debunked ?

Archived