Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yikes .. glad you ok. What happened?

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Glad you are OK. Enjoy the mew Mercedes.

Thanks guys.

LOL--a used Subaru is more likely!

Typical rush hour deal.  Car in front of me stopped; guy behind me hit me and pushed me into the car in front of me.  I guess from an insurance standpoint, it's the guy who hit me's fault.  But......the real yahoo was the person 3 cars in front who apparently just stopped (left lane) in order to get over to an exit.

The end result I got sandwiched.  Likely would have been totaled regardless of the mileage, but at 150K+, that seals the deal.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Same here. Light frost at 36 few weeks ago. Got really angry last weekend and pulled all geraniums that were in full bloom and threw them into woods last weekend 

I do this type of crazy stuff too and I don’t know why. The cognitive dissonance of AN for this long really gets to me. 

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks guys.

Typical rush hour deal.  Car in front of me stopped; guy behind me hit me and pushed me into the car in front of me.  I guess from an insurance standpoint, it's the guy who hit me's fault.  But......the real yahoo was the person 3 cars in front who apparently just stopped (left lane) in order to get over to an exit.

The end result I got sandwiched.  Likely would have been totaled regardless of the mileage, but at 150K+, that seals the deal.

Glad you are OK, enjoy the new Outback 

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks guys.

Glad your ok Mike, Enjoy the new Legacy.

Shorts and flip-flops day.  Love this weather, hope it stays around for awhile.  Managed to clean-up 1/2 the yard yesterday afternoon from the storm.  Did the worst part along the rear and side where all the leaves/twigs/branches came down.  The more I've driven around these last few days, the more damage I'm seeing from the storm.  Lotta up-rooted trees.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Shorts and flip-flops day.  Love this weather, hope it stays around for awhile.  Managed to clean-up 1/2 the yard yesterday afternoon from the storm.  Did the worst part along the rear and side where all the leaves/twigs/branches came down.  The more I've driven around these last few days, the more damage I'm seeing from the storm.  Lotta up-rooted trees.

Yeah, in and out of clouds but warm in the valley.  Cooler weekend and then maybe some tickle 70 on Monday? 

Upper 50s at 6 AM at my place.  Avg max here for Nov. 3 is 48.

Went to PWM yesterday (medical stuff) and saw 4 separate flotillas of bucket trucks heading north in the interstate, 30+ total vehicles, none from CMP, which was stating that 70,000 are still in the dark.  Many many (10x? 20x?) more blowdowns Topsham-Brunswick and south than near our place.

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not a record Will is looking forward to,but it’s the climate we are living in.

Next up.. latest date of first freeze .. here too 

Don't think we will make the latest freeze date...the models are still showing Nov 8th for ORH and the record (1977 and 1916) is November 12.

At least the record for longest time between freezes was a good omen for winter...2004.I'll take the 2nd place year too of 1968...that had a nice winter following.

4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks guys.

Glad you're ok, man!  Some bad mojo in the New England subforum lately with Alex getting flooded out and now you getting wrecked.  Enjoy the new Impreza

Archived