joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

changing lanes is what contributes to accidents.  No need to be changing lanes.  Get into the lane which takes you to where you need to be and stay there.  Now if you're in the left lane and driving 50 mph that also leads to accidents but no way in hell should you ever move over b/c some jerk behind you (unless its a cop) wants to do 80, in which excessive speeding is another factor towards accidents.  Get into the lane you need to, drive at the rate at which traffic is flowing and accidents shouldn't happen b/c everything is flowing smoothly and freely.  

21 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

If I'm doing 70+ and they're going any faster they can move over.  I'm not moving out of the way b/c some clown isn't satisfied with my already going 15-20 mph over the speed limit.  

Disagree with you on this. You really should move over if there's an even faster car behind you.

Beside, going almost 20 over is way too much for that section of I-84. It's really narrow for the traffic volume so there's almost no margin of error at that speed.

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

changing lanes is what contributes to accidents.  No need to be changing lanes.  Get into the lane which takes you to where you need to be and stay there.  Now if you're in the left lane and driving 50 mph that also leads to accidents but no way in hell should you ever move over b/c some jerk behind you (unless its a cop) wants to do 80, in which excessive speeding is another factor towards accidents.  Get into the lane you need to, drive at the rate at which traffic is flowing and accidents shouldn't happen b/c everything is flowing smoothly and freely.  

What causes accidents is slow drivers causing traffic behind them to hit the brakes. Slow drivers .. for example those idiots that don’t maintain their speed going uphill are the problem. When you drive up a hill or incline you need to step on the gas.. you don’t maintain your level . It’s mind boggling . And if you can’t, move the F over 

Ride home on 93 on a Sunday night in NH during winter with light to moderate snow falling and accumulating on road, I'm driving 45-50mph in right hand lane with SUVs whizzing by me doing 70+. My son and I play the 'how many miles down the road will we see the vehicle off the road' game...just amazing the stupidity.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

What causes accidents is slow drivers causing traffic behind them to hit the brakes. Slow drivers .. for example those idiots that don’t maintain their speed going uphill are the problem. When you drive up a hill or incline you need to step on the gas.. you don’t maintain Mind boggling . And if you can’t, move the F over 

I commute at all hours of the day. There is nothing worse than flying up the highway at 4:30 am (the only time of day when you can), and coming across some crack head driving a 1987 Toyoto Tercel with one headlight in the left lane. Get out of the way. 

1 minute ago, Angus said:

Ride home on 93 on a Sunday night in NH during winter with light to moderate snow falling and accumulating on road, I'm driving 45-50mph in right hand lane with SUVs whizzing by me doing 70+. My son and I play the 'how many miles down the road will we see the vehicle off the road' game...just amazing the stupidity.

I agree with this. I usually go more to the right and just have a chill ride home. You have some jackazz driving 70 in his F150 only to fly offf the median 3 miles later.

26 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Move over. Be happy someone is willing to go faster than you. You want to look like Dick Trickle on the highway...not Jeff Gordon. Let them attract the cops.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just because you’re driving 70-75 doesn’t mean you’re driving fast enough if the traffic flow is doing 78-82. That’s what these clowns don’t understand. 70 is slow 

Especially when you have a mans man barrelling his way behind you in an American pickup truck. Get out the way sukka he gon run you ova!

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just because you’re driving 70-75 doesn’t mean you’re driving fast enough if the traffic flow is doing 78-82. That’s what these clowns don’t understand. 70 is slow 

I usually drive 72 and pull over to let people pass, what I never understood though is what is the rush. More than likely the ones who go 85-95 in a 65 are in a rush to get nowhere fast, lots of big egos out there, trying to prove their manhood in a vehicle. I just let them go and smile when you see a cop has them pulled over. I am a firm believer that  speeding tickets should be based on car value. those Maseratis owners laugh at 200 tickets, let them pay a grand or more.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Especially when you have a mans man barrelling his way behind you in an American pickup truck. Get out the way sukka he gon run you ova!

It's not fun when you are on an undivided road like RT2  at night w/ kids in car, nowhere to pull over and some clown is riding your azz even though you are well over the speed limit. 

I find a 2000 lumen tactical flashlight is quite helpful getting them to back off. 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't think you understand how highway lanes work...

Right Lane except to pass.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

As my CDL instructor (never finished it) used to say...keep the idiots in front of you

Going an additional 5 mph over the speed of the traffic maybe saves you a minute on most drives.  Most Americans can’t safely drive over 70

I have a 10 mile drive on the interstate when I'm commuting to work.  I usually get on and set my cruise at 65 in the right hand lane and watch the traffic roll by in the other two lanes while I have a stress free ride in an empty lane.  When I get off at my exit I sometimes chuckle at the idiots who went whizzing by me at 80 sitting at the same traffic light I am.  You may think you're getting someone faster than everyone else but you're really not that much ahead of everyone else.

Now, if I'm driving any distance further than that for an hour or so, I'll set my cruise at 74 because over time I can pick up a few minutes but most people won't see that for average distances.

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What causes accidents is slow drivers causing traffic behind them to hit the brakes. Slow drivers .. for example those idiots that don’t maintain their speed going uphill are the problem. When you drive up a hill or incline you need to step on the gas.. you don’t maintain your level . It’s mind boggling . And if you can’t, move the F over 

It's really a combination of things.  No matter what Wiz should be pulling over but the guy driving 80 and weaving in and out of traffic is even worse.  It causes accidents and actually slows down the interstate.  So in addition to being unsafe, it's rude and selfish.

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Stay right, pass left....regardless of speed. Thanks.

Most folks don't realize that almost all states have laws restricting left lane usage, including a growing segment that require you to move over for faster traffic regardless of how far over the speed limit you're traveling. I'm all for reasonable and prudent speeds but you don't get to play policeman on other people's driving by willingly breaking another law.

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I have a 10 mile drive on the interstate when I'm commuting to work.  I usually get on and set my cruise at 65 in the right hand lane and watch the traffic roll by in the other two lanes while I have a stress free ride in an empty lane.  When I get off at my exit I sometimes chuckle at the idiots who went whizzing by me at 80 sitting at the same traffic light I am.  You may think you're getting someone faster than everyone else but you're really not that much ahead of everyone else.

Now, if I'm driving any distance further than that for an hour or so, I'll set my cruise at 74 because over time I can pick up a few minutes but most people won't see that for average distances.

It's really a combination of things.  No matter what Wiz should be pulling over but the guy driving 80 and weaving in and out of traffic is even worse.  It causes accidents and actually slows down the interstate.  So in addition to being unsafe, it's rude and selfish.

Agreed weaving is bad. I hate those people . And I never tailgate or ride a bumper.But I hate hate hate slow drivers that clog up the lanes 

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

Most folks don't realize that almost all states have laws restricting left lane usage, including a growing segment that require you to move over for faster traffic regardless of how far over the speed limit you're traveling. I'm all for reasonable and prudent speeds but you don't get to play policeman on other people's driving by willingly breaking another law.

its the weavers and boppers who cause all the trouble, stay in the right lane unless to pass and slow the f down , the wanna bee Mario Andretti's of the world are the worst

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

its the weavers and boppers who cause all the trouble, stay in the right lane unless to pass and slow the f down , the wanna bee Mario Andretti's of the world are the worst

Yeah, but there's nothing saying there can't be multiple kinds of idiots behind the wheel.

I mean, if I'm doing 9 or 10 over, I'm as much a speeder as the guy going 90 in a 65, so it's not really my place to decide what's appropriate or not. Just let them go by and let the cops figure out who to light up. I talk to so many people who think it's their duty to slow down the super speeders by going AOB the limit in the left lane.

Archived