Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

We also had a little upward propagating mountain wave induced cloud cover last night. Yesterday afternoon the HRRR had it in the forecast.

G124bt_t3sat_f14.thumb.png.09644b8d1e99ac3db324c40f808f19aa.png

Sure enough the 12z GYX sounding showed a pretty big inversion around 5000 feet, with smaller inversions above that throughout the sounding. With deep NW flow above that inversion and a little upstream moisture, we got our mountain clouds.

It is pretty amazing how the hi-res models can handle stuff like this now. Even the 12km NAM had a strong signal. Check out the higher RH just downstream of the lee side omega bullseye.

Orographic.thumb.png.e63f01ac16636052c71e50cd84743276.png

I got in trouble with a photographer friend last night.  He wanted to do shots of the meteor showers.  I told him it was a great night.  No moon.  Clear skies.  I checked the satellite view late afternoon.  Clear all around. I never looked deeper into the models deeper.   He texted me this AM.  Mostly cloudy.  Waste of time getting up in the pre-dawn hours.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I got in trouble with a photographer friend last night.  He wanted to do shots of the meteor showers.  I told him it was a great night.  No moon.  Clear skies.  I checked the satellite view late afternoon.  Clear all around. I never looked deeper into the models deeper.   He texted me this AM.  Mostly cloudy.  Waste of time getting up in the pre-dawn hours.  

Yeah, when that woman asked on Facebook I had already started typing that it would be a great night for it, but something told me to double check it. 

You can see it's just a narrow pocket of mid/upper level moisture too with the two county long contrail (chemtrail :ph34r:) showing up on satellite now. 

This weather is awesome.

33F this morning to 71F at 2pm. 

Hard to believe it's 60F up at the picnic tables.

Facebook reminded me of feet of snow at the picnic tables 7 years ago today.

IMG_7090.PNG.5fa13fb3563fb0d9e479a7ef01b22bf8.PNG

I remember this storm...Jim Cantore was live for TWC up at 2,500ft on Mansfield in a snowcat doing broadcasts while it snowed 1-2"/hr.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This weather is awesome.

33F this morning to 71F at 2pm. 

Hard to believe it's 60F up at the picnic tables.

Facebook reminded me of feet of snow at the picnic tables 7 years ago today.

IMG_7090.PNG.5fa13fb3563fb0d9e479a7ef01b22bf8.PNG

I remember this storm...Jim Cantore was live for TWC up at 2,500ft on Mansfield in a snowcat doing broadcasts while it snowed 1-2"/hr.

Glad we don't live then.

56 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

got to 72 at the pit.  seems like a really esrly leaf drop this year. 

20171021_155629_resized.jpg

20171021_155614_resized.jpg

20171021_155640_resized.jpg

Up at the 50th Anniversary party In Shelburne. Gotta admit one helluva view up here. No shawl needed. Tees and shorts predominantly. Good libations to be had. Temp here 69 per phone. Was  76 when left CEF

Archived