Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This is one of the more incredible 24 hour changes in a little while.

Yesterday afternoon saw a high of 74F at MVL (and low 70s lingered well into the evening).

This afternoon's high is 43F and its 41F now at 6pm. 

31 degree difference in afternoon highs between yesterday and today.  Of course at midnight we had a cheap "high" so the daily won't capture it... but sensible weather difference that is a huge change from one afternoon to another.

You should also get a cheap midnight (technically 1 AM) low tonight.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Colder than I thought 35.9 was the low with wind..Plants survive another silly frost advisory

I'm probably the only one who wouldn't mind a few weeks to enjoy my green grass again. Of course now it's being covered by leaves and acorns. My oaks are turning now and some droppage.

15 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

And you are living through a furnace October that is very rare LOL. I hope you have a good winter, man. That's going to feel incredible coming from NC..although at least you had some interior help with elevation.

15 hours ago, dendrite said:

We need to get him a Jan 04 cold shot to see what he’d made of. 

15 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Or we can just freeze him to death slowly...ala Feb 2015. No insane record outbreaks that month, but just consistent double digit negative departures.

It's gonna be a lot of fun and very different from what I ever experienced. My personal low temperature record is sitting at zero so... it won't take much for a New England winter to break that.

We made it to 30 at DAW.

Archived