• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

We are pretty warm in NNE ahead of this FROPA... I wonder how often HIE is 73F and tied with BTV for the warmest ASOS in New England at 8pm on October 15th.  The 72F at MVL and MPV is also ridiculous on a rare level.  The mountain valleys being that warm, a couple hours after sunset, is pretty amazing/awesome.

ysjKhSL.jpg 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone familiar with using archived level II data for GR lvl 2?  

I'm looking to plot some radar data right now for GYX from 06/05/2010 and I have my files:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/nexradinv/bdp-download.jsp?id=KGYX&yyyy=2010&mm=06&dd=05&product=AAL2

I took data from 16z to 17z but there are a ton of links and I can't seem to follow how to tell which each corresponds to time wise.

7 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife's uncle was a teacher/coach there for decades.  Beautiful school. Great location.  They got hit hard by Bob (I think)

Nice place.  My preference is Deerfield so far.  But Tabor's a better shot of being admitted and it's about 10k less expensive.

Meanwhile I'm glad I didn't' have to deal with the warmth PF did last night!  We had mid 60's in the evening and per my Davis we had dropped to 61.9 at midnight. 

Now sitting at 55.9.  Nice change.

Edit:  temps dropping smartly.  54.9* at 4:00a.m.  Off to Boston.

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice place.  My preference is Deerfield so far.  But Tabor's a better shot of being admitted and it's about 10k less expensive.

Meanwhile I'm glad I didn't' have to deal with the warmth PF did last night!  We had mid 60's in the evening and per my Davis we had dropped to 61.9 at midnight. 

Now sitting at 55.9.  Nice change.

Edit:  temps dropping smartly.  54.9* at 4:00a.m.  Off to Boston.

Freak's warmth last night was very short lived.

On 10/14/2017 at 7:03 AM, CoastalWx said:

Pfft...125' ASL. That's some man elevation here. 

On 10/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, CoastalWx said:

Does elevation help when you're smoking cirrus?

my office is at 10' elevation, and looking at a topo map, Fresh Pond is 3'. that isn't going to help much of anything in the winter. the cirrus is just further away.

it's funny how going up route 2 towards 128, it seems like you are climbing a mountain as you go up through arlington, but it is only like 350' at the top of that hill.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Freak's warmth last night was very short lived.

Haha it's 41F at home this morning, over 30 degrees colder than it was last evening.

31F now at the top of the Gondola with freezing rain.  

Go to sleep with the windows open and temps in the low 70s, wake up to deep fall with north wind, mist, drizzle and 41F.

Crazy whiplash, as I was up at the picnic tables dealing with a car that drove off the Toll Road at 6:30pm in shorts at 60F...this morning it's icy at 31F.  

OT but I was in Chicago all of last week.   Heavy rain Tuesday late through the night with light stuff Wednesday.  Dank Thursday with a decent Friday followed by a deluge Saturday into Saturday night with lots of lightning.  It’s amazing my flight back Saturday night was. Close to on time.

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a boring next 10-12 days. Not a drop of qpf and well above normal temps after tomorrow. Hopefully that early Nov cold blast delivers a storm to end the last 8 months of boredom 

This is concerning. Would like to get some qpf in the ground before the frost sets in, if it ever does, lol. Last year, we turned the corner at this point on the "drought" and had multiple RN events that ran into Nov. How long can this go on for? Pretty sick of the same pattern. It's supposed to be Fall damn it!

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a boring next 10-12 days. Not a drop of qpf and well above normal temps after tomorrow. Hopefully that early Nov cold blast delivers a storm to end the last 8 months of boredom 

the warm months are exactly the perfect time for boring weather. Save the excitement for the cold season. 

Archived