Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

44F here already at 7pm.  Heading out to grab some sushi takeout with jacket and hat on, lol.  

This feels like seasons in seasons.  

My dew is 42. So I think 41-42 is my low . I’m so far away from a freeze here it’s disgusting. I’m looking at Nov sometime. Leaves are 2+ weeks behind. It’s so depressing 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My dew is 42. So I think 41-42 is my low . I’m so far away from a freeze here it’s disgusting. I’m looking at Nov sometime. Leaves are 2+ weeks behind. It’s so depressing 

I won't speak for your hill, but as Chris said these little jumps in dew at sunset ate sorta shallow and faux. My ground is soaked every evening before sunset from rapid radiation loss and condensation. Then some of that evaporates into the dry air above and you get that little dew spike. The air keeps cooling though even if you're like 42/41 in the valley as you get the cold air drainage down off the hills. The temp/dew just seem to drop together at near saturation. Then by morning it's like 32/31 with frost or finally with fog developing.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I won't speak for your hill, but as Chris said these little jumps in dew at sunset ate sorta shallow and faux. My ground is soaked every evening before sunset from rapid radiation loss and condensation. Then some of that evaporates into the dry air above and you get that little dew spike. The air keeps cooling though even if you're like 42/41 in the valley as you get the cold air drainage down off the hills. The temp/dew just seem to drop together at near saturation. Then by morning it's like 32/31 with frost or finally with fog developing.

Take BML:

5 PM 60/27

6 PM 51/39

7 PM 42/37

8 PM 38/35

My guess is they settle somewhere around their mixed out Td from this afternoon. Mid 20s.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s 45.9/42 currently. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We were just discussing snowfall at the office, and I noticed a disturbing trend in xmACIS

At GYX since I moved here the April snowfall amounts have been 0.2", 0.6", 1.2", 3.0", 5.2" and 11.0"

My first April here was 2007. I'm still waiting to match that.

38F

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

We were just discussing snowfall at the office, and I noticed a disturbing trend in xmACIS

At GYX since I moved here the April snowfall amounts have been 0.2", 0.6", 1.2", 3.0", 5.2" and 11.0"

Great discussion going on elsewhere on the Cali fires, remember this from school. http://tornado.sfsu.edu/geosciences/classes/m698/HydraulicJump/Hydraulic Jump Phenomenon.htm

13 hours ago, Dan said:

Spring of 2018 is what they are saying.  They really don't have much left.

i just want them to finish paving I-93 once and for all. the traffic is a disaster. the best is the people that have been slowing down for the "bump" that they left when the grinded down the pavement.

i just want them to finish paving I-93 once and for all. the traffic is a disaster. the best is the people that have been slowing down for the "bump" that they left when the grinded down the pavement.

Why do road projects take forever? They'll finish it after a couple years, then like a year later you'll start seeing orange cones again and they are digging up some of the new pavement and it starts all over again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived