Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dendrite said:

Highest I see so far is 12kt. Yesterday was 18kt I think.

the final climo had 21 knots for yesterday.  I finished yesterday 26th in the country for PVD.  I hope though that 21 is an error and it was 18 b/c that's exactly what I had...if that's the case then I might be in the top 10.  I went 69/51/15 for today.  

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

the final climo had 21 knots for yesterday.  I finished yesterday 26th in the country for PVD.  I hope though that 21 is an error and it was 18 b/c that's exactly what I had...if that's the case then I might be in the top 10.  I went 69/51/15 for today.  

Nah it's 21kt. The 5min intermediate obs miss some of the higher wind speeds, but they give you an idea of what's happening between hourly METARs. 

Yeah Valentines Day required bucket loaders to clear the snow...you could leaf blow the other one haha.  

Though even still that 2010 liquid seems low.

The difference in the impact was that it was only BTV into the west slopes.  Stowe had like 6" and JSpin even had much less than BTV.  It was like right over the Lake where the persistent orographic and set up due to extreme blocking.  

I did enjoy the 2010 storm from my girlfriends in BTV.  Because the forecast was for 4-8" or something.  I remember waking up and being like no f'in way...there was 20" on the table outside and still dumping.  Anything proved for 4-8" that brings feet is a fun storm regardless of what happens days after haha.

Pi Day ratios last year were also high. It was a relatively easy 30 inch event to clear. It was of course again the mesoscale dust that took us over the top. It was my first ever 30 inch snow event.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

well for the vast majority of us including down here at work in Galilee the box forecast was a huge fail, we had some sprinkles....in the winter time there would be epic melt downs by many including me if they took to heart the box forecast discussion last night and first thing this morning....

32 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

well for the vast majority of us including down here at work in Galilee the box forecast was a huge fail, we had some sprinkles....in the winter time there would be epic melt downs by many including me if they took to heart the box forecast discussion last night and first thing this morning....

Synoptic season taking over and eastern areas taking QPF. 

Archived