joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88.9/70F   Why did we pull out our 2 window AC's earlier this month?   Brutal..

My old Davis station doesn't have a fan.  Maybe with the lower sun angle on the station I am recording high?  It seems like my temp/dew shouldn't be this hot looking at Plymouth NH.  Whatever it is, its darn hot.  At least the sunset is early so it will cool of a bit but not much with these high dews.  I'm surprised its quite this humid as the ground surface is bone dry..

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Zoom in. What kind of clouds are thesec66087a16264a28445071d042934af21.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd say you are seeing 2 cloud layers.  The common Altocumulous and then a lower layer of Asperitas.   Asperitas are not seen very frequently.  Actually I believe the NWS added them in the past year or so as a new cloud classification.  Google them and you will see pictures...

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

People who install in April and deinstall in September aren't very weather savy.

Ginx,  I thought I was safe up here.  Destall 2 weeks ago.  Meanwhile at 78/69 and not a breeze it is one of the most uncomfortable evenings this year.  I'm miserable!

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Ginx,  I thought I was safe up here.  Destall 2 weeks ago.  Meanwhile at 78/69 and not a breeze it is one of the most uncomfortable evenings this year.  I'm miserable!

Rule of thumb.  Keep ac available till 10/1.   I cover my compressor once I know I won't need a/c-last year it was 10/1 but we had a rough night or 2.  I like to keep dead leaves and other debris out of the compressor but pending the pattern by next weekend I may wait.  Upstairs can get hot with full sun but usually unless it's a major torch we're good after 10/1.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

72 now off of 86. Warmest temp since June. It's perfect out right now...just need the house to drop a few more degrees to make sleeping bearable.

Down to 69F here off the high of 87F.  This is the one huge difference from summer.  Mid-summer its still light out and temps drop later.  Now, the drop starts at 6pm.

A quick loss of 16F in the past 3 hours makes it more comfortable.

I did break down and turn on the AC though....we don't install or uninstall but figured why not run it once this warm season to make sure it works, lol.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

People who install in April and deinstall in September aren't very weather savy.

Lol. Not sure why that is the consensus from you and others as if that has to be the way it is for everyone.  While I have never installed in April I have never needed a.c. past mid September.  Never. And I am the sweatiest sweat hog out there.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BDL 92. 2nd hottest so late in season ever. That may become #1 latest tomorrow 

BTV with 91F and by far the hottest day so late in the season in over 130 years of records.

MPV set their daily record high of 85F (old daily record was 83F).

Some climate notes:  Of interest is the heat in 2007 this time of year as that was also a La Nina and talked about a lot lately.  Montpelier set 3 straight days of record highs back in 2007.

.CLIMATE...
Record high temperatures and year recorded for the period Sunday Sep 24
to Wednesday Sep 27

Day    Burlington    Massena      Montpelier
9/24   84 / 1961     87 / 2010    83 / 1961
9/25   85 / 1891     90 / 2007    85 / 2007
9/26   84 / 1934     82 / 1970    83 / 2007
9/27   83 / 1920     82 / 2003    80 / 2007

Archived