Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, powderfreak said:

What a bipolar month so far... 

First 10 days saw highs in the 50s and 60s...with lows in the 30s/40s.  That was like -7 to -10 relative to normal.  

From the 11th onward every day has had a high above 70F and a low above 50F.  That's also been +7 to +10 relative to normal.  

The frst ten days, mixed with the last 10 days have cancelled out the month to -0.7 here at MVL.  Given the forecast, this month will be the first above normal month since last spring.  

But just crazy how the first ten days were ridiculously cold (almost had to turn the heat on with those highs in the low to mid 50s), and then the next ten days went exactly the opposite way to average this out to only -0.7 departure as of the 20th.

I took down our pool on the 9 and 10th, (water temps were reading in the low to mid 50s).  The weather turned immediately.  I can't prove the two were related but I see no other explanation.

13 minutes ago, klw said:

I took down our pool on the 9 and 10th, (water temps were reading in the low to mid 50s).  The weather turned immediately.  I can't prove the two were related but I see no other explanation.

I think the foliage got wrecked up here for now.  It's like brown and green out.  Almost like that first peak in early September with some vibrant reds has faded to brown, mixed with a whole bunch of still green trees.  Like the species that didn't start turning in early September now have gone back to summer mode.  

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Furnace of a month when it's over.

Yeah should finally get the month above normal in the next day or two and then maybe up to +2 or +3 by the time it's done?  

First above normal month since late Spring up here after the coolest summer relative to normal since I've lived up here.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah should finally get the month above normal in the next day or two and then maybe up to +2 or +3 by the time it's done?  

First above normal month since late Spring up here after the coolest summer relative to normal since I've lived up here.

Looks like Oct starts cool, but big re torch mid- late month. Prob more 70's and 80's unfortunately 

Archived