And they say it gets colder
You're bundled up now, wait til you get older
But the media men beg to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite picture
The ice we skate, is gettin' pretty thin
The water's gettin' warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire, how 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it cause I'll never get bored

Has anyone noticed how hazy it has been lately?  Up here in Central New England the skies usually don't have such a hazy gray look.  Even in heat wave situations.  Maybe the airmass has just been so stagnant over the past couple of days.  With the approach of Jose and a tropical connection I am hoping for the east/southeast flow to bring in that deep blue tropical sky.  Maybe once we get into the broad circulation tomorrow that will happen.  For now it just looks dirty outside...

Below is the sunset view from the summit of Mt Washington.  The dirty airmass is very thick, not just low level stuff... The orange tint makes me think it could be smoke but from where?

west-med.jpg.42580de945f21078760a6f8592d0862b.jpg

Funny you mention the haze. Wife and I were on hackers hill in casco looking out toward Washington and you could barely see it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Thank you guys! I just wish we would see a cool down. It feels like mid summer today.

We were cool all summer with a summer average high around 75F...now the heat comes haha.

Ive got 83F at home and might tie the summer high of 84F today.  

Crazy to think we started the month with days like 53/39 and 57/33.  A high of 53F and 57F in early September and now highs in the 80s in mid-September.

Here in Stowe this last 4 days might be the second longest stretch above 80F of the warm season.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We were cool all summer with a summer average high around 75F...now the heat comes haha.

Ive got 83F at home and might tie the summer high of 84F today.  

Crazy to think we started the month with days like 53/39 and 57/33.  A high of 53F and 57F in early September and now highs in the 80s in mid-September.

Here in Stowe this last 4 days might be the second longest stretch above 80F of the warm season.

Just not as miserable and gross as some might have us think it is.

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Just not as miserable and gross as some might have us think it is.

The benefit this time of year is the lower sun and less daylight so it cools off quickly in the evening and stays cool under the Valley fog until 10-11am even.  

The max heat is reduced to a few hours like 2-5pm and then it drops again.  It'll be in the 60s here by like 8pm.  

I do feel for eyewall in BTV though...it'll be like 65F here this evening while it's still 78F in BTV because they just don't radiate at all.

It hasn't been overly hot, but each day feels damp and moldy. It looked like the fog was going to dissipate late this morning and then the low clouds held on. It feels like one of those early spring days where it looks like you're finally going to warm sector and then it all crashes back south. Any feed my birds spill is covered in mold by morning. I can't wait to flush this ridge out of here. Just end the tropifail threats already.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It hasn't been overly hot, but each day feels damp and moldy. It looked like the fog was going to dissipate late this morning and then the low clouds held on. It feels like one of those early spring days where it looks like you're finally going to warm sector and then it all crashes back south. Any feed my birds spill is covered in mold by morning. I can't wait to flush this ridge out of here. Just end the tropifail threats already.

No end in sight. Price you pay for not hot summer . What goes down must go up

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Interesting... had no idea you guys were still socked in with on-shore flow.

You're right...very much like spring when the warmest temps are up here back over into northern NH.  BML/HIE/MVL/BTV axis all in the 80s while coastal side of the mountains socked in and cooler.

Untitled2.jpg.9c12e829691fc5d9af6ab7d46119c209.jpg

Untitled.jpg.634f43b795df4e124a0cbb62d6fab40f.jpg

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting... had no idea you guys were still socked in with on-shore flow.

You're right...very much like spring when the warmest temps are up here back over into northern NH.  BML/HIE/MVL/BTV axis all in the 80s while coastal side of the mountains socked in and cooler.

Untitled2.jpg.9c12e829691fc5d9af6ab7d46119c209.jpg

Untitled.jpg.634f43b795df4e124a0cbb62d6fab40f.jpg

Sometimes CAD is not our friend.

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Sometimes CAD is not our friend.

Looking at that SAT view... I bet there are some sick sights from like the top of Sunday River right now...looks like that low clouds is just banked right up against the foothills.  Probably sunny and warm at any place above 2,000ft along those foothills and into the first layer of mountains.

Archived