Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You've def been off your forecasting game this month. What did you see that lead you to believe cool and COC k all month?

I think he said lots of 70s to maybe a day or two in the low 80s.  I think he was 76F yesterday.

Let him know how wrong he is about that in a week when you review his highs, lol.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Just investigated the rest of this yesterday. Looks like it partially rotted and one trunk split from the other. I think the other one is going to have to come down too. It's leaning the same way as the one that fell so it's pretty dangerous to be in that area right now...especially if you're a chicken. I need MPM up here to do some splitting for me.

That's a big one.....get out the saw.

We just got back from touring Deerfield Academy with my daughter.   My goodness--what a place.

76.6*

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

12 shots better than I did yesterday at Jay Peak. Three putts killed me. I think I had 12 :(

Oh no. I think I would have buried my putter into the 18th and left it there.

My tee ball was what killed me, and the thick rough around the greens led to some chunky chip shots until I adjusted. But after a few Stony Creek 9.5% Big Cranky I didn't really care too much.

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

10 days and counting since ORH hit 80. 

Tropical entities and tragically forsaken love stories aside...  The more important signal through D10 is that (becoming) incredible ridge amplitude in the D4/5 through 9 range. That sucker balloons beyond 590 heights!

Missing is a charged lower tropospheric 850 mb slab of mixable dragon fart, otherwise that'd be a slam dunk for a historic pop or two in there.  And we may yet get some impressive temps nonetheless... The GGEM has 2-m T in the 90 to 94 range in the southern Lakes.. 

One thing that's interesting about all that is that these tropical systems are behaving like a PP block.  The attending surface high appears to stagnate right overhead and not settling S of our region enough to get us into a continental conveyor.

17 hours ago, weathafella said:

It's been quite muggy the past 2 days.

Coastal CT has been disgusting. Was sitting outside last night at my friends on the water. Picked up my phone from the table and it was covered in dew.  Still pretty gross out with KHVN at 70 with dewpoint of 68..

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Foggy morning. Weak sun not doing its job.

Still 10am and running 1/4-1/2sm. Valley fog is so thick this morning but it's beautiful at 1,500ft at the office.

Been 1/2sm or lower since 10pm last night.

KMVL 171254Z AUTO 00000KT 1/4SM FG VV002 14/14 A3023 RMK AO2 SLP238 T01440144 TSNO

Has anyone noticed how hazy it has been lately?  Up here in Central New England the skies usually don't have such a hazy gray look.  Even in heat wave situations.  Maybe the airmass has just been so stagnant over the past couple of days.  With the approach of Jose and a tropical connection I am hoping for the east/southeast flow to bring in that deep blue tropical sky.  Maybe once we get into the broad circulation tomorrow that will happen.  For now it just looks dirty outside...

Below is the sunset view from the summit of Mt Washington.  The dirty airmass is very thick, not just low level stuff... The orange tint makes me think it could be smoke but from where?

west-med.jpg

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Meanwhile feels like summer here. 80 f.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely.

Pretty impressive warmth as today's 81F makes the 3rd day with max temps reaching 80F or higher.

Only 3 other times this entire warm season have we had three consecutive days reach the 80 degree mark.  Once in June, once in July, once in August and now once in September.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Has anyone noticed how hazy it has been lately?  Up here in Central New England the skies usually don't have such a hazy gray look.  Even in heat wave situations.  Maybe the airmass has just been so stagnant over the past couple of days.  With the approach of Jose and a tropical connection I am hoping for the east/southeast flow to bring in that deep blue tropical sky.  Maybe once we get into the broad circulation tomorrow that will happen.  For now it just looks dirty outside...

Below is the sunset view from the summit of Mt Washington.  The dirty airmass is very thick, not just low level stuff... The orange tint makes me think it could be smoke but from where?

west-med.jpg

It's smoke.  BTV had a graphic of it on social the other day.  It's smoke at like 15,000ft.  Coming all the way from the Tex-Ark-La region.

Archived