Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

@tamarackI'm about halfway through the book that you recommended, "Thirty-Eight:The Hurricane That Transformed New England".  Its a very interesting read for sure, thanks for mentioning it.

New England hurricane - A pictorial history  is a good one if you can find it.  I think the federal government put it out in 1939.   You could probably find a very acceptable copy for under $20    Fantastic pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Anyone decide to freeze their credit accounts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lol.....your information has been compromised long before equifax.   Everyone's has been.   Fortunately for most, nothing has been used.  Sign up for credit monitoring and pay for it.   Don't trust the free stuff they give you.   After the OPM breach they gave us 18 months of free monitoring from 2 vendors.   I pay now for the one who quickly caught my friends id theft.  $18/month and well worth it.  PM me for details.

On 9/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, weathafella said:

That was so awful!  Like backdoor season but 25 degrees warmer.

interesting perspective ...  So it is the loss of sun that you hate more about BD season? 

That ending sentiment there (bold) seems to imply that you are less concerned with temperature with BDs... which of course only leaves the mank 'cast that comes along with that sort of thing. 

For me, it's the temp... Nothing grades on my senses more annoyingly than endless upper 40s at the end of May... Such as 2005 (ha, any excuse given to go back and spurn god for that and I'm all over it!).  Cold air beyond ... perhaps March 15, that seems to be a bigger issue for me personally.  Sun ...?  meh... I don't even need it sunny really.  

41 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol.....your information has been compromised long before equifax.   Everyone's has been.   Fortunately for most, nothing has been used.  Sign up for credit monitoring and pay for it.   Don't trust the free stuff they give you.   After the OPM breach they gave us 18 months of free monitoring from 2 vendors.   I pay now for the one who quickly caught my friends id theft.  $18/month and well worth it.  PM me for details.

Sounds like a great line of dialogue in movie about an impending economic-holocaust. .. 

Seriously, can you imagine a complete economic reset down to 0, with 7.5 billion mouths to feed?   hoo-hoo man - that could be a scary dystopian reality right there, given people's inability cope (initially).

Nothing claws fingernails through concrete like starvation at the brink of mortality (unfortunately, NAZI Germany proved that). And, given a complete shut down of mechanical social order that would result from having 0 credit scores everywhere ... that could lead to some pretty scary duress. I mean, every credit card shut down regardless, while the system dusts off and figures out what really costs what - ha.  Part of me wants that to be brutally honest - having a poor credit score may not be one's fault, yet they are in a high interest devaluated prison by a capital-pig system?  Iniquity incarnate - I digress...

And so, the (not so) funny thing is... it would entirely be a histrionic melt-down where Humanity is doing it to its self... at least until people realize that this whole idea of assigning monetary value to anything in reality is really nothing more than an illusion of value.  Speculation.. that's all it ever is/was... People loved Tulips once; and it led to an economic boon time in Europe once that lasted about as long as a Tulip would ever stay in bloom.    

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

interesting perspective ...  So it is the loss of sun that you hate more about BD season? 

That ending sentiment there (bold) seems to imply that you are less concerned with temperature with BDs... which of course only leaves the mank 'cast that comes along with that sort of thing. 

For me, it's the temp... Nothing grades on my senses more annoyingly than endless upper 40s at the end of May... Such as 2005 (ha, any excuse given to go back and spurn god for that and I'm all over it!).  Cold air beyond ... perhaps March 15, that seems to be a bigger issue for me personally.  Sun ...?  meh... I don't even need it sunny really.  

No it's the temps.  I relearned what misery is when returned to Boston.   That said, upper 60s to 70 all June while most of the country had full almost summer was pretty bad.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sounds like a great line of dialogue in movie about an impending economic-holocaust. .. 

Seriously, can you imagine a complete economic reset down to 0, with 7.5 billion mouths to feed?   hoo-hoo man - that could be a scary dystopian reality right there, given people's inability cope (initially).

Nothing claws fingernails through concrete like starvation at the brink of mortality (unfortunately, NAZI Germany proved that). And, given a complete shut down of mechanical social order that would result from having 0 credit scores everywhere ... that could lead to some pretty scary duress. I mean, every credit card shut down regardless, while the system dusts off and figures out what really costs what - ha.  Part of me wants that to be brutally honest - having a poor credit score may not be one's fault, yet they are in a high interest devaluated prison by a capital-pig system?  Iniquity incarnate - I digress...

And so, the (not so) funny thing is... it would entirely be a histrionic melt-down where Humanity is doing it to its self... at least until people realize that this whole idea of assigning monetary value to anything in reality is really nothing more than an illusion of value.  Speculation.. that's all it ever is/was... People loved Tulips once; and it led to an economic boon time in Europe once that lasted about as long as a Tulip would ever stay in bloom.    

I remember reading about that.  Almost akin to VHS or Beta movies.  Who uses them or even DVDs now?  It's material and only with value at a given point in time.  Apples (the fruit-not the phone or other technology) otoh have been in vogue for a long time-and will probably will be for the foreseeable future.

NWUS51 KBOX 150021
LSRBOX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...SUMMARY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
821 PM EDT THU SEP 14 2017

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0646 PM     TSTM WND GST     1 N EAST BOSTON         42.38N  71.03W
09/14/2017  M66 MPH          SUFFOLK            MA   ASOS

BOSTON LOGAN AIRPORT

0646 PM     TSTM WND DMG     BOSTON                  42.32N  71.07W
09/14/2017                   SUFFOLK            MA   AMATEUR RADIO

TREE DOWN ON WILLIS STREET

0646 PM     TSTM WND DMG     BOSTON                  42.32N  71.07W

TREE AND WIRES DOWN ON TAFT STREET

0647 PM     TSTM WND DMG     BOSTON                  42.32N  71.07W