Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Prostate like a grapefruit and a lot of bad memories?

Prostates ok-normal age related changes.  That's the least of it.....hopefully you'll get to find out.  Steve thinks he knows...I remember 10 years ago when I was his age.....my thoughts were-what's the big deal?.....lol.

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

One of my New London friends posted this picture--this is the storm earlier in the week in which a motorist was killed by a tree.

new london.jpg

No freaking way. I have often dreamed of seeing a waterspout from my house on FI. I went by that exact spot 24 hours earlier on the ferry. Great picture, Mike.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

No freaking way. I have often dreamed of seeing a waterspout from my house on FI. I went by that exact spot 24 hours earlier on the ferry. Great picture, Mike.

My brother and I were the groundskeepers for some guy who lived on Fisher's Island.  We'd take the ferry out every day......fun summer.  I think we worked harder than the nanny.  She was a hottie whose job was taking the kids to tennis and then lounged around by the pool in her bikini.  I think she got paid more, too.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

My brother and I were the groundskeepers for some guy who lived on Fisher's Island.  We'd take the ferry out every day......fun summer.  I think we worked harder than the nanny.  She was a hottie whose job was taking the kids to tennis and then lounged around by the pool in her bikini.  I think she got paid more, too.

Lol, there are a lot of hot nannies out there. Lots of landscaping crews too. That and contracting probably keeps the year round population going honestly.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Mike who took that?, that microburst the other day came in like a wall, when was that taken?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we haven't been there all summer 

It's been pretty ridiculous overall.  I mean no heat at all aside from 89F in early June, then it didn't get above 84F again after that.  And now we are like -8 for the past 10-12 days.

High of 60F in the valley today and 57F up here at the operations office.  Leaves are really changing fast though, earlier than recent years.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's been pretty ridiculous overall.  I mean no heat at all aside from 89F in early June, then it didn't get above 84F again after that.  And now we are like -8 for the past 10-12 days.

High of 60F in the valley today and 57F up here at the operations office.  Leaves are really changing fast though, earlier than recent years.

You've had more cold rainy days than we'll see all autumn. Just awful 

Archived