Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beaut tomorrow's progged to be at the Pit.

Tonight
Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog after 9am. High near 57. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Sunday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 9pm, then a slight chance of showers between 9pm and 1am. Patchy fog before 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

We have stressed foliage beginning to pop around town here along Rt 2 in N-central Mass.  ..Have actually for a couple weeks... Seems from my immediate memory living around here that's pretty much right on top of average timing year-to-year, with the usual offender trees in play.  Orange hues with dapples of yellow and sprinkling of browns next to Oaks that don't look like they'll ever start dimming their greens. 

Summer's over.  Not that anyone argued the notion... But, when these early turners do this it's like the lights turning up just before last call at the pub.

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We have stressed foliage beginning to pop around town here along Rt 2 in N-central Mass.  ..Have actually for a couple weeks... Seems from my immediate memory living around here that's pretty much right on top of average timing year-to-year, with the usual offender trees in play.  Orange hues with dapples of yellow and sprinkling of browns next to Oaks that don't look like they'll ever start dimming their greens. 

Summer's over.  Not that anyone argued the notion... But, when these early turners do this it's like the lights turning up just before last call at the pub.

Saw a wooly bear this morning

25 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

does anyone recall the last time there was an airmass similiar this early in september? Might be the earliest 37 degree low Imby in 15-20 years? 

I have lots of records in the 30s from late August and early September from the late 80s and early 90s but I don't see many after that.  We've had some mid-September 30s since then but not the 2nd or earlier, but maybe I missed one in my cursory look.

Archived