Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Banter Thread

George BM

7 hours ago, eurojosh said:

On a different topic... I'm watching A Bridge Too Far... which may be appropriate in that they fall at the last hurdle.

But man, what a cast!!!

Great movie but one of the all time military blunders and due to Monty.  It was a good idea but too ambitious in timeframe and relied on everything going as planned when it is impossible due to scale of forces involved.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, H2O said:

Great movie but one of the all time military blunders and due to Monty.  It was a good idea but too ambitious in timeframe and relied on everything going as planned when it is impossible due to scale of forces involved.

Since when did you get so deep on us? Where's that fun loving, sarcastic individual we have all known and grown to love? :D

33 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Since when did you get so deep on us? Where's that fun loving, sarcastic individual we have all known and grown to love? :D

It's fun to occasionally shed the image so many have of me as some wise ass who offers little and try to have adult conversation. 

With that said, now pull my finger

I actually Got a little nervous after a few of those GFS runs yesterday and began my preparations last night. I bought new Battery operated flashlights and lamps. A lot of batteries, ductape, nails, tarp. 5 cases of H2O. As we get through the week and if theres still a threat, I will stock up on more canned food items. I already have plenty of gas in the grill and also portable gas tanks. We haven't had a real bonafide threat in many years. Basically before social media boom so I'm not sure exactly what will happen if the threat is real and it gets a lot closer. 

Wife is due in two weeks with our second daughter, but there's no way she's making it that far (I've been saying September 8-9 all along). I'd much prefer having all the modern amenities if we've got a newborn in the house. Even if she's not here yet, my wife would be miserable (which would obviously mean I'd be miserable) so that's enough to quietly want none of Irma's effects.

Crazy, I know...

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Dude....such a terrible yet awesome post. You gotz madd skillz

I'm sure that right now a majority of the board would like me to post deeper and more nuanced posts instead of that one.  Sometimes I wonder about myself.  I'm not right

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Irma will help with that.  It will induce labor and the low pressure in the eye will help suck that kid right on out.  Easiest delivery ever.

Don't let the placenta get airborne tho.  That would be gross

OK. You've convinced me. I'm all in for a Cat 5 up the Chesapeake, with a left turn up the Potomac and then up Pohick Creek. Little one will fly out as the eye passes overhead.

And I'll have the fry daddy fired up and ready to go, and I'll use the the basket like a lacrosse stick to catch any flying placenta. Mmmmmmm...fried placenta...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived