Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always knew thar south Virginia would end up hogging all the rain from Harvey. Dale City will end up with a small amount. I will get my rain in January. Dale City will get about three femtometers of rain thru Sept 10. I have my scanning electron microscope all set up to measure Dale City's share of Harveys rain.

I think Dale City is in the dry slot for the duration. We'll see variable clouds with about 45 particles of extremely light drizzle. Too bad our next real chance of rain is January 25 when Dale City gets 5 inches of rain while Bob Chill gets 53 inches of wind driven snow. Good for him!

47 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Proving once again that we're in an awful place for interesting wx...

That we are. Hurricane Irma could grow to Cat 5, with 190 mph sustained winds, stall out west of us, and we'd see 10 mph gusts with 300 nanometers of rain. The Washington region is the most boring place for rain or for any other kind of weather ---- except BORING variable clouds weather with hardly any rain. 

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Proving once again that we're in an awful place for interesting wx...

That we are. Hurricane Irma could grow to Cat 5, with 190 mph sustained winds, stall out west of us, and we'd see 10 mph gusts with 300 nanometers of rain. The Washington region is the most boring place for rain or for any other kind of weather ---- except BORING variable clouds weather with hardly any rain. 

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We better produce in the tropical department because good God winter 17-18 looks awful around here. Not even sure why I entered that thread :cry: 

I think you secretly revel in the thoughts of a lame winter. After all you can reap the winter weather weenies souls that much quicker. :P

Just an FYI, but I happen to think we will do well this winter. Just a gut feeling though with no facts to back it up at this point.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'd probably take snow over cane 5/10 times, but depends on what kind of cane you're talking about.

I'd take a NESIS 5 over a cat 5 10/10 times because I don't want the hand of God over anyone, but a "weak" cat 1 or 2? Yeah, why not. That's interesting and survivable. 

Yeah, I was responding to a hurricane like the one modeled overnight vs a blizzard. We'd be in Barney if that happened. But I'd take and enjoy a moderate tropical system. Maybe it could even rip off a few shingles and then the insurance company would cover the new roof that I need.

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Y'all focused on Irma but this MD-Texas game is GOOD.

Yup.  And of all the games I currently have available to watch on the TV, it and Cal-UNC are the only competitive ones.  The rest are the to-be-expected blowouts (although MO-MO State is a scoringfest at 51-35).

13 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Awesome! You did a 5 gal batch?

I got about 4.5 gallons out of it. Finished that 12 oz in about 45 minutes and I definitely feel it. Absolutely killer stuff! :lol:

I'm really happy with it. I'd be even happier if it had finished at about 1.027 rather than 1.021, but the oak and vanilla give it nice mouthfeel, so that's really splitting hairs.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I got about 4.5 gallons out of it. Finished that 12 oz in about 45 minutes and I definitely feel it. Absolutely killer stuff! :lol:

I'm really happy with it. I'd be even happier if it had finished at about 1.027 rather than 1.021, but the oak and vanilla give it nice mouthfeel, so that's really splitting hairs.

That's something I'd love to try. I'd probably leave it as it is, especially since it's bottled, but if you want to mess around with it, you can add a touch of maltodextrin.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived