Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Thanks! It was more of a mental labor of love than anything. I hate making mistakes (on pretty much anything), so I had to have all my T's crossed and I's dotted before I took the plunge. That, is my wife told me to finally work on it while my mother-in-law is here helping us get through the first weeks with the new baby! :lol:

Im happy to answer any questions you've got. Like I said...I did a bunch of reading/research, soninfee pretty confident talking about it now.

I started with plain pine 2x6s, then red oak 1x8s on three sides. The 1x8 size keeps the collar in place on the freezer and the oak gives it a really nice look after it's stained. It's also nice to have a little extra room for the shanks.

The CO2 is outside the freezer. I have a 20lb tank, so it wouldn't fit very well with three cornies in there. You can see the CO2 line coming through the collar up by the fan leading into the manifold.

You and your girlfriend have got your priorities in order! :lol: I picked up a bunch of stickers during Aslin's 2nd Anniversary Festival this past weekend. I've also got a handful of others already in hand, so I'm off to a pretty good start. I also need to build a tap list of some sort to hang over the keezer. That'll probably happen during the Holidays or thereabouts.

I love me an Altbier, and the bourbon/oak pumpkin beer sounds great! I love oak in bigger malty beers, so it should work out really well for you. I'd love to give it a try!

Smart thinking with the oak on the outside. Glad that I asked. 

I'll let you know how the two beers turn out but they're a few weeks away. If you like malty beers, then you're probably going to like the Alt. I'm a little worried it's going to come out of the fermenter in the shape of a loaf of bread. Big malt to hop ratio!

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hard to say from the pic, but fox is my guess. Most poop that size (and general look) around here is either geese or fox.

That dude might have a bit of a digestive problem though.

I was thinking that or a raccoon. I'd take a fox traipsing through my yard anytime over a raccoon!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was thinking that or a raccoon. I'd take a fox traipsing through my yard anytime over a raccoon!

Agree. Skunk is bad around here- rabid skunk. My mom has dogs she trains for field trial work and agility, and she has had 2 rabid skunk encounters in the last 3 years. She ended up having to get the shots to be on the safe side the second time.

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Agree. Skunk is bad around here- rabid skunk. My mom has dogs she trains for field trial work and agility, and she has had 2 rabid skunk encounters in the last 3 years. She ended up having to get the shots to be on the safe side the second time.

Man, that sucks. I've heard those shots are brutal.

20 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I think I figured out why the main trop thread gets on my nerves so much. It seems that some believe the more they post the higher their cred or expertise is. But in reality they simply talk too much. Pretty much the same as a good bs artist. 

There's that and also praising oneself for what they post. There are a select many that want mad props from others. Lots of gods gifts in there 

Every year I learn something new.

When we have a neutral to weak La Nina ENSO state, as we do now -

The Mid Atlantic will get very little to no rain from landfalling tropical cyclones in the US. In such an ENSO state, it is probable that we will see NO entrainment of tropical moisture from any landfalling tropical entities into frontal structures whatsoever, and NO rain at all in the Mid Atlantic.

La Nina brings warmer than normal temps in the Mid Atlantic, and much drier conditions as well. Therefore I expect a warmer than normal fall and winter, and it will also be much drier than usual, although I do foresee a chance of us getting some rain in March 2018. We avoided the drought this summer --- but it is just beginning now, and will proceed into the winter.

5 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Tanx. My parents took it harder than me or the kids did, which i guess is a good thing. 

That is a good thing. When we had to say goodbye to Kirby, Mini-Map was the same way. Upset, sure, but wasn't devastated like we were. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I hope you go snowless this season. 
Your callous and harsh words the reason. 
May you go plus sixteen
And your backyard stay green
I hope you go snowless this season. 

A**hat

you may be my new favorite. just because you made up lyrics, that sound like nickelback, to burn waterboy. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived