Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After discussing and planning for the last 15 months or so, I finally got the three-tap keezer up and running and was able to pull my first beer last night.

Once I finally got around to it, the build went pretty smoothly. I probably spent 20-25 hours on it total (not including waiting for stain to dry, etc.). It's pretty bare bones for now, but I'll gussy it up with stickers, maybe some paint, custom tap handles, etc. over the next few months...but she pulls smooth as could be!

The beer is a brown ale I brewed in March and kegged in April. It's the last beer I brewed since I vowed not to brew until I got the keezer completed. So I guess I need to convince the wife to let me have a brewday on one of these upcoming weekends so I can get the sucker full! :yikes:

IMG_7153.JPG.7b61d95a72f0e2c0119cfd0ea82fae86.JPG

image1.JPG

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

40/70 had his back so he was good. Ray can throw bows with the best of 'em here. 

You forget that I'm a SNE'er by birth. I get my (yet to be revealed) fight skills there and my snark skills here. 

giphy.gif

Also, can you leave your mod like comments to the REAL mods? That post was hilarious in the main thread. :lol: 

Ha, yeah. I would have honestly left the post about Jose alone, had that poster gone on to explain how Jose would impact Maria. Just posting a Jose update does nothing to move the conversation along. Just clutters the thread. 

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

40/70 had his back so he was good. Ray can throw bows with the best of 'em here. 

You forget that I'm a SNE'er by birth. I get my (yet to be revealed) fight skills there and my snark skills here. 

giphy.gif

Also, can you leave your mod like comments to the REAL mods? That post was hilarious in the main thread. :lol: 

Lionel Ritchie can really throw down.  I only thought he could dance on the ceiling

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We I spend a lot of time on storms that will never even give us dark clouds. 

At least we get some good laughs in while we do it

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

I wanted to post and ask if landfall in NJ was imminent

I would pinkie it, but laugh my ass off

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

After discussing and planning for the last 15 months or so, I finally got the three-tap keezer up and running and was able to pull my first beer last night.

Once I finally got around to it, the build went pretty smoothly. I probably spent 20-25 hours on it total (not including waiting for stain to dry, etc.). It's pretty bare bones for now, but I'll gussy it up with stickers, maybe some paint, custom tap handles, etc. over the next few months...but she pulls smooth as could be!

The beer is a brown ale I brewed in March and kegged in April. It's the last beer I brewed since I vowed not to brew until I got the keezer completed. So I guess I need to convince the wife to let me have a brewday on one of these upcoming weekends so I can get the sucker full! :yikes:

Man, that looks really good!  I'm starting to put mine together this weekend so I might ask for some advice along the way.  A couple of things that come to mind right away.  Is your CO2 tank inside with the kegs or did you opt for outside?  Also, it looks like you put a 1 X 6 up against the 2 X 6's.  If so, was there a reason or only for cosmetics?  Maybe the tap handles needed the extra for threading?  

Anyway, it looks awesome!  It's funny that you mentioned stickers because my girlfriend and I have been hoarding them from every brewery we have visited the past couple of years to plaster on ours when it's done.  It's got to get done soon because I did what you did in the reverse order.  I brewed and must serve them out of the keezers.  We brewed a German Alt and the annual pumpkin ale the past two weekends.  I did the pumpkin with real pumpkins this year and it looks really good.  Hopefully I don't destroy it when I dump in the bourbon and burned oak wood chips next week.  Maybe there will be a get-together this fall and we can do some sampling.

50 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If you take the time to post that people aren't worth your time, doesn't that mean you dedicated time to the person anyway?

Lol... just today after getting written up for cutting a student was screaming "I don't care".  My response was "Obvioulsly, I can tell by how loud your screaming". 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Man, that looks really good!  I'm starting to put mine together this weekend so I might ask for some advice along the way.  A couple of things that come to mind right away.  Is your CO2 tank inside with the kegs or did you opt for outside?  Also, it looks like you put a 1 X 6 up against the 2 X 6's.  If so, was there a reason or only for cosmetics?  Maybe the tap handles needed the extra for threading?  

Anyway, it looks awesome!  It's funny that you mentioned stickers because my girlfriend and I have been hoarding them from every brewery we have visited the past couple of years to plaster on ours when it's done.  It's got to get done soon because I did what you did in the reverse order.  I brewed and must serve them out of the keezers.  We brewed a German Alt and the annual pumpkin ale the past two weekends.  I did the pumpkin with real pumpkins this year and it looks really good.  Hopefully I don't destroy it when I dump in the bourbon and burned oak wood chips next week.  Maybe there will be a get-together this fall and we can do some sampling.

Thanks! It was more of a mental labor of love than anything. I hate making mistakes (on pretty much anything), so I had to have all my T's crossed and I's dotted before I took the plunge. That, is my wife told me to finally work on it while my mother-in-law is here helping us get through the first weeks with the new baby! :lol:

Im happy to answer any questions you've got. Like I said...I did a bunch of reading/research, soninfee pretty confident talking about it now.

I started with plain pine 2x6s, then red oak 1x8s on three sides. The 1x8 size keeps the collar in place on the freezer and the oak gives it a really nice look after it's stained. It's also nice to have a little extra room for the shanks.

The CO2 is outside the freezer. I have a 20lb tank, so it wouldn't fit very well with three cornies in there. You can see the CO2 line coming through the collar up by the fan leading into the manifold.

You and your girlfriend have got your priorities in order! :lol: I picked up a bunch of stickers during Aslin's 2nd Anniversary Festival this past weekend. I've also got a handful of others already in hand, so I'm off to a pretty good start. I also need to build a tap list of some sort to hang over the keezer. That'll probably happen during the Holidays or thereabouts.

I love me an Altbier, and the bourbon/oak pumpkin beer sounds great! I love oak in bigger malty beers, so it should work out really well for you. I'd love to give it a try!

24 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm betting more than one peep here will know this, and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's dinner, but can anyone identify this turd? It was on the concrete walk on the side of my house. Probably about 12-18 hours old. The beer coaster for scale, IMG_0432.thumb.JPG.71eec238d83e29acc52d79c02b877ed8.JPGand don't tell me a goat did it.

Hard to say from the pic, but fox is my guess. Most poop that size (and general look) around here is either geese or fox.

That dude might have a bit of a digestive problem though.

32 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm betting more than one peep here will know this, and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's dinner, but can anyone identify this turd? It was on the concrete walk on the side of my house. Probably about 12-18 hours old. The beer coaster for scale, IMG_0432.thumb.JPG.71eec238d83e29acc52d79c02b877ed8.JPGand don't tell me a goat did it.

Sure that wasn't a bird or owl pellet (regurgitated not pooped out)? Were there any bones, fur or talons in it?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived