Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My Ram is a stick.  Weren't many to be found back in 2006.  I think they quit making the 1500s in stick in 2007.  I get strange looks when I take it to the shop because they obviously don't see many.

I've had no major issues.  Typical stuff that wears out after 10+ years.

I'm not sure about the current years but the 4.7L motor came with a 5 speed option in 2015 at least. But not the hemi unfortunately. The 8 speed auto is pretty bad ass at least. Made in germany and used by many luxury cars like BMW and Rolls. If it weren't for that I woudn't buy it. Mopar isn't known for making a good auto trans. Since I'll be pulling things with this truck a bulletproof trans is high on the list of requirements. 

14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You knew it was too good to last. We will torch for the last week of Sept and first half of October, if not longer. I just hope for a seasonal November before it all goes to hell for Met winter.

Yeah, we must always regress to the mean, which means torch in these parts.  For every BN day here, you can expect at least 3 AN days.  It was the best stretch of Aug / early Sep weather I have ever seen, or likely ever will.

11 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Camping tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. RV show at Hershey Friday and possibly Saturday. Things are looking up. Now if I can just avoid being suckered into buying a new trailer by my wife or a salesman who offers a deal that can't be refused. :)

I think that's the show you told me about last spring. I may have to do a road trip this weekend and check out the pop-ups and teardrops. And hit a few breweries! ;)

7 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I run my trucks into the ground too. My suburban is a 2000 with 220k on the clock. Original trans!! Have no idea how that GM trans lasted that long. It's unheard of. The only major repairs I've done to the truck is a new differential @ 150k and new stainless brake lines all the way around 2 years ago. Plenty of brakes and tires and stuff  like that but the majors are all original. 

I'm getting a 2015 ram. I never buy brand new. 2 years old is the way to go. Let someone else take the first big hit with depreciation. My business partner has a wholesale dealers license so I get my vehicles at Manheim. A 2015 still isn't cheap even at auction. Manheim average is running around $26k with low miles and good option package. 

I like driving stick too so we always have a stick sedan. Don't mind an auto with a truck but if they made the hemi ram with a stick I would buy it in a second. 

Traded in my 03 Tacoma with the original clutch and 245K last April. Went with auto tran on this one because traffic stinks so bad. Not related, but I was a little surprised how big the Tacomas are now compared to 15 years ago. There aren't many "small" trucks out there anymore.

After a moist summer, we may be back to our drier ways, lol, here in N VA.

The remnants of Irma have been as far west as Missouri. Now, the entire movable feast is on its way to Pennsylvania, entirely bypassing us in VA. Figures.

Meanwhile, in other news, Jose is churning around in the Atlantic, and will soon churn its way out to sea.

I'm really looking forward to January when I am sure I'll get more than my fill of steady, stratiform rain. February too.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I think that's the show you told me about last spring. I may have to do a road trip this weekend and check out the pop-ups and teardrops. And hit a few breweries! ;)

Troegs is just down the street from the show. Went there in the spring when we were camping. I was like a kid in a candy shop. :)

http://www.troegs.com/

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Troegs is just down the street from the show. Went there in the spring when we were camping. I was like a kid in a candy shop. :)

http://www.troegs.com/

Hershey Park is great about letting me get stupid dizzy riding all the coasters in the morning while they're not busy, then getting my hand stamped and recovering in the AC of Troeg's, and finally returning back to the Park for an evening of rides and food that ultimately end in a killer headache that only soft ice cream can heal. 

Wow!!  Freakin' unreal!  The Indians just extended their win streak to 22 games in dramatic fashion, with a 10 inning, 3-2 win vs. the KC Royals!  They were down 2-1 in the 9th, tied it, then won in the bottom of the 10th.  What a game!!  I know this will end sooner or later...but what a ride!  That much closer to clinching their division, and to clinching at least the #2 seed in the AL.

Last night I had a dream about a hurricane making landfall around Wilmington, NC one morning expected to move north into the region by the evening with 60-75+ mph wind gusts. The power began to flicker around midday as temperatures fell into the low/mid 60's. After that...I woke up.

I had a similiar dream a little more than a week ago. Perhaps I need to pry myself from tropical tracking for a short time lol. 

Yanda out for the season. Not what an already injury plagued and talent-challenged O-line needed. This could get ugly going forward.

Also, despite the takeaways, I see the SOS with a Dean Pees D. I mean, this was absolute bottom of the barrel they were playing today, and look at all the big plays and yards given up through the air by 2 QBs that combined had less than 3 games of experience. If Cleveland didn't self destruct with turnovers, they could have made this uncomfortably close. This D could be historically good, but it will likely be held back by the pathetic coordinating of Pees. The Ravens could have fired him, and hired Wade Phillips- a few times.

18 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yanda out for the season. Not what an already injury plagued and talent-challenged O-line needed. This could get ugly going forward.

Also, despite the takeaways, I see the SOS with a Dean Pees D. I mean, this was absolute bottom of the barrel they were playing today, and look at all the big plays and yards given up through the air by 2 QBs that combined had less than 3 games of experience. If Cleveland didn't self destruct with turnovers, they could have made this uncomfortably close. This D could be historically good, but it will likely be held back by the pathetic coordinating of Pees. The Ravens could have fired him, and hired Wade Phillips- a few times.

Yanda was the nail in the coffin for our season. So much promise down the drain. Very painful.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

One data point we can easily track during late fall/early winter to see if the Conus is experiencing a nina type pattern is snowfall in the CO rockies. Because of all the different aspects of the main mountain ranges, CO is usually divided during Ninas and Ninos. Ninos favor the southern half of the State during the early season due to SW flow and southern stream moisture. Ninas favor the northern half of the State. This division can be stark too where the northern and southern halves of the State can be two different worlds. 

If we start seeing significant snowfall in the northern half compared to the southern half during Nov-Dec it's a good tipoff that a Nina pattern is in place. If I was pre-season booking a CO trip this year for Dec-Jan skiing I would definitely choose the northern half. 

There is a reason he has a daily post limit!  Don't get me wrong I agree with his assessment right now but it's also not a coincidence that he only seems to show up when there is bad news. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived