Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Easily one of the worst owners in professional sports. 

Peter Angelos. Robert Irsay. Two that come to mind for Baltimore fans. 

Actually waited on Irsay quite a few times at a restaurant (The Cellar maybe?) in Owings Mills when I was a youngster. He would get all the head honchos together the day after a game. His reputation was well deserved, that of being an A-Hole and a drunk.

34 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Peter Angelos. Robert Irsay. Two that come to mind for Baltimore fans. 

Actually waited on Irsay quite a few times at a restaurant (The Cellar maybe?) in Owings Mills when I was a youngster. He would get all the head honchos together the day after a game. His reputation was well deserved, that of being an A-Hole and a drunk.

His son is the same. Apple->tree. Feel bad for Pagano. Although he will likely be fired, which will be a relief.

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Didn't need the bottomless-pit pressures of the eye of a Cat 5 to see flying placentas. Little one was born yesterday afternoon.

Proud papa x2!

Congrats to you and your family!

39 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Crisp, cool fall weather. Football is back. Just poured my first pumpkin beer of the season.

Quite a few are out already, but I picked up Flying Dog's "The Fear" Imperial Pumpkin Ale. One of my favs, and one of the best IMO.

Yeah, although I got a couple of Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkins a few weeks ago because I was at the brewery and they were on sale, I picked up my first "real" pumpkin beers this weekend. I got Roadsmary Baby, a rum barrel aged pumpkin ale. It's a bit different than I expected. A little light and I think overcarbonated. That Flying Dog "Fear" is one of my favorites too.

Also, when we were in Oregon last month, we happened to go to the Rogue Brewery on the day they were roasting pumpkins for their pumpkin ale, and in talking to the brewer, I was inspired to use fresh pumpkins in our homebrew this year. I wanted to brew that yesterday, but no one has pie sugar pumpkins yet. Seems odd to have this fall weather and it's only early September, but with no pumpkins, we brewed a German alt instead.  

Rogue rules!

IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.99b75c248502284baf42ac7ca6a82bb9.JPG

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Camping tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. RV show at Hershey Friday and possibly Saturday. Things are looking up. Now if I can just avoid being suckered into buying a new trailer by my wife or a salesman who offers a deal that can't be refused. :)

Ha! You only live once. Buy a nice trailer and use the F out of it. 

I'm moving that direction right now. Gotta get a good tow vehicle first so I'm buying a crew cab Ram in the spring. My suburban is a great truck but it's too old to tow a big trailer. As soon as I get the truck I'm going trailer shopping. 

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Ha! You only live once. Buy a nice trailer and use the F out of it. 

I'm moving that direction right now. Gotta get a good tow vehicle first so I'm buying a crew cab Ram in the spring. My suburban is a great truck but it's too old to tow a big trailer. As soon as I get the truck I'm going trailer shopping. 

If you get a chance run up to the Hershey show this week. Runs Thur-Sun and is the biggest on the East Coast. Well worth it and the inventory is so huge it fills most of the parking at the Arena. You could spend 2 or 3 days just looking and there is food, booths, classes, RV accessories, etc... to give you a break. Won't even mention some of the deals you can luck into especially with new but older inventory that dealers are trying to clear out for their newer models.

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wish I had a reason to buy a new Ram.

140k miles on a 2006 1500 crew cab, and no major issues with it (knock on wood).   Too bad you have to get a diesel to get a stick anymore.

I run my trucks into the ground too. My suburban is a 2000 with 220k on the clock. Original trans!! Have no idea how that GM trans lasted that long. It's unheard of. The only major repairs I've done to the truck is a new differential @ 150k and new stainless brake lines all the way around 2 years ago. Plenty of brakes and tires and stuff  like that but the majors are all original. 

I'm getting a 2015 ram. I never buy brand new. 2 years old is the way to go. Let someone else take the first big hit with depreciation. My business partner has a wholesale dealers license so I get my vehicles at Manheim. A 2015 still isn't cheap even at auction. Manheim average is running around $26k with low miles and good option package. 

I like driving stick too so we always have a stick sedan. Don't mind an auto with a truck but if they made the hemi ram with a stick I would buy it in a second. 

8 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If you get a chance run up to the Hershey show this week. Runs Thur-Sun and is the biggest on the East Coast. Well worth it and the inventory is so huge it fills most of the parking at the Arena. You could spend 2 or 3 days just looking and there is food, booths, classes, RV accessories, etc... to give you a break. Won't even mention some of the deals you can luck into especially with new but older inventory that dealers are trying to clear out for their newer models.

Not this year. I only go to stuff like that ready to buy. Can't put the cart before the horse...literally! lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived