Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Rule: When you make a post about how funny another (trolling) post was, you have to quote it in here for posterity!

Yeah I should have screenshot Matt's posts. Basically he was mimicking those "Glad this will turn out to be nothing and all my friends will be safe" type posts popping up in the main thread. 

51 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

The past two pages of the main thread :rolleyes:

Confident predictions of a panhandle main landfall to justifications for a more easterly track.

Lol- posturing from armchair "experts" that know more than models and nhc. 

I like sifting through the main thread because there are some great posts but they're sandwiched between a bunch of people who should have their keyboards foreclosed on. It's keystroke diarrhea at times. 

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

LEAVE NOW and get back in time for football. You can only hold the spouse off for so long and you can't enjoy football anyway if they're mad.

I like your idea better then mine. Much cheaper. Was going to tell her to go out and get a massage and a pedicure, then have a field day at the Outlets.

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Even though we're nowhere near the projected path of the center, guidance still has some good bands moving through tomorrow. Gotta hope they can mix down some of those 70-80kt mid level winds. 

Still expecting TS conditions at some point tomorrow

and this from the SPC. 

...Northeast FL/Eastern GA/Eastern SC/Southeast NC...
   Guidance is in good agreement that low-70-degree dewpoints will
   exist over northern FL and northeastward through coastal portions of
   GA and SC at the beginning of the period. As Irma continues
   northwestward during the day, this area of relatively more moist and
   unstable air will also expand northwestward to include more of GA,
   SC, and portions of southeastern NC. Eventually, the comparatively
   drier air in place across the Mid-Atlantic and TN valley will impede
   continued westward advection of the more moist low-level airmass. As
   such, the more moist and unstable air will become increasingly
   displaced from the center of circulation. Consequently, despite the
   northwestward motion of Irma, the tornado threat is expected to
   remain confined to portions of northeast FL, eastern GA,
   central/eastern SC, and southeast NC. In these areas, modest
   instability and diurnal cloud breaks increase the potential for more
   robust, longer-lived updrafts capable of producing brief tornadoes.

This summer, my sister-in-law and her family moved from north of Baltimore to about 25-30 miles NW of Charleston. She has freaked the F out over this storm, going so far as to remove the TVs, mirrors, and pictures from the walls of their home. I'm guessing she thought the winds well inland were going to shake the whole house down the foundation. :lol:

16 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol- posturing from armchair "experts" that know more than models and nhc. 

I like sifting through the main thread because there are some great posts but they're sandwiched between a bunch of people who should have their keyboards foreclosed on. It's keystroke diarrhea at times. 

Yeah, no kidding!  I have been looking through that main Irma thread the past couple of days just to get more up-to-the minute information.  A lot of good information from the experts and other mets for sure.  But it got really aggravating to sift through all the other BS posts that had very poor analysis and the "wishcasting" either way (as in "it's not nearly that bad..." or "it's guaranteed to re-gain cat 5 status!").  Maybe we can consider this as a sort of warm-up for what to expect come winter! :lol: 

My brother lives in Bonita Springs, which is just south of Fort Meyers.  He headed out Friday evening to stay with a friend and their parents outside Tampa.  Seems he's doing OK, they shuttered up the windows where they were staying.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived